Shiva reliability/toughness?

Matt300ZXT

I'm considering a green chassis reverb Shiva that's somewhat local and the guy is asking $1400 but needs a pilot light replaced and has no footswitch. Surely as expensive as Bogners are, the channel switching electronics are rock solid, but with that being said, there is still no footswitch to test the various channels/features. I don't have spare guitar jacks to short the leads together to test out that it'll actually switch channels but what are the odds that I pick this thing up and when I can order a footswitch, everything functions 100%?

I tried to hop on Bogner's site to look at the price (I think they're $150) but it redirects to some captcha site where it wasn't me to prove I'm human. Seems awfully strange they want to do that if someone just wants to browse their amp line...perhaps they were hacked? Either way, I didn't click anything, just backed out and left the site.

What do you think is a good starting price to offer that isn't a dickhead lowball, but factors in needing a $150 footswitch and a $5 or whatever bulb since I can't actually test the amp completely to be sure it works as it's supposed to? I was thinking of offering 1k.

Considering the prices of used gear...$1400 is a pretty good price even needing a foot switch. I had two green chassis and one silver chassis Shiva. I hauled them around and gigged them hard for a while with zero reliability issues at all.

Gotta watch for bias drift issues on them. The loop also requires That goofy cable to pad the signal down....
I do not think that cable is required on the green chassis models.

I would offer 1300 and see if he bites. No footswitch matters. You can buy aftermarket ones online that are cheaper.

Back