Shrapnel Records

Greazygeo

I saw Tony at a guitar clinic back in the mid 80's. The only negative was that he played the entire gig through a Rockman. :sick:
I saw Tony in a club later 80’s. He had a stageful of peavey rack gear, power amps and eqs...sounded like a Rockman to me...figured it probably was.

Devin

I would say Richie Kotzen was the most diverse as far as the different styles he recorded.

I think I remember reading that Jason Becker actually produced Richie's first (self-titled) Shrapnel record. The playing on it is amazing but it's easily one of the worst sounding records ever :LOL:

Fever Dream and especially Electric Joy were fuckin amazing in comparison; Electric Joy is still one of the best instrumental guitar albums ever recorded in my opinion

John 14:6

I think I remember reading that Jason Becker actually produced Richie's first (self-titled) Shrapnel record. The playing on it is amazing but it's easily one of the worst sounding records ever :LOL:

Fever Dream and especially Electric Joy were fuckin amazing in comparison; Electric Joy is still one of the best instrumental guitar albums ever recorded in my opinion
Jason did produce the first Kotzen record.

bubucci

Glad Joey Tafolla got mentioned; that dude is unbelievably underrated
added to playlist.

Vinnie Moore is great. He had tour in 2019 and 2020 in Europe. One of those guitarist which never played wrong note :) He played Mezzabarba MZero both times and tone was simply incredible.
Tony McAlpine EU tour was post-proned to spring '22 so I hope it will happen too.

Attachments

• 9861E242-F8BF-4667-B127-EF8AD6738BA5.jpeg
    9861E242-F8BF-4667-B127-EF8AD6738BA5.jpeg
    826.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 7B5CF050-54C2-4D03-970F-9B0BC0FD0B13.jpeg
    7B5CF050-54C2-4D03-970F-9B0BC0FD0B13.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 11

Techdeth

added to playlist.

Vinnie Moore is great. He had tour in 2019 and 2020 in Europe. One of those guitarist which never played wrong note :) He played Mezzabarba MZero both times and tone was simply incredible.
Tony McAlpine EU tour was post-proned to spring '22 so I hope it will happen too.
Brunetti are cool too

Techdeth

Ritchie is so damn good