SLO Channel Bleed

Who would do these mods? I’m no professional. I’ve had this amp for a long time now. I’m more open to modding it now than I used to be. I’d definitely have this issue fixed, though, if I could. I much prefer the crunch channel and actually used it a good bit. I would be curious also about the “scoop” mod on the crunch channel. Think that’s the DeMartini/SRV mod. I’d also have the loop modded to the new specs.

You would get in touch with Bill Sundt as he used to build and tech for Soldano. He would be familiar with both the scoop mod and the Decatone loop mod and where it’s placed in the circuit. Let me just say the scoop mod is an awesome mod and brings the amp to another level. The Decatone also has this done on the clean channel.
For installing relays and moving the circuit on where they need to be installed that will a more difficult task to do with the single sided pcb. It can be done but that person is going to have to be knowable about placement and voltages so you don’t a pop when switching channels. That’s something I would talk to Bill about and see if he can do it. While I don’t have the schematic in front of me I’m sure this again can be borrowed from the Decatone which from my understanding was designed by Bill.
My personal opinion is you might want to look for a Decatone. But if you love the amp it’s worth it. The amp will sound in my opinion so much better!

Bill is who techs Zakk Wylde’s JCM800s before he takes them on tours assuming he’s out of CA. I heard his name mentioned from Zakk in an interview recently.

You would get in touch with Bill Sundt as he used to build and tech for Soldano. He would be familiar with both the scoop mod and the Decatone loop mod and where it’s placed in the circuit. Let me just say the scoop mod is an awesome mod and brings the amp to another level. The Decatone also has this done on the clean channel.
For installing relays and moving the circuit on where they need to be installed that will a more difficult task to do with the single sided pcb. It can be done but that person is going to have to be knowable about placement and voltages so you don’t a pop when switching channels. That’s something I would talk to Bill about and see if he can do it. While I don’t have the schematic in front of me I’m sure this again can be borrowed from the Decatone which from my understanding was designed by Bill.
My personal opinion is you might want to look for a Decatone. But if you love the amp it’s worth it. The amp will sound in my opinion so much better!
That’s some great info, really appreciate it. I may look into this soon. Definitely food for thought. Thanks man!

Back