So did HC finally implode in on itself?

yea, definetely. I loved that bass. TONS o tone. :D

Dont really know what to say about it, it's a killer bass, plays GREAT and sounds great as well. one of my favorites I've owned. It's heavy (Ash body) but sounds great.

That P bass looks nice, I remember considering it when it was up for sale the first time.

I just noticed that the HC forums have been down. Was there excessive trolling and stupidity again?

blackba":3s3hagwp said:
That P bass looks nice, I remember considering it when it was up for sale the first time.

I just noticed that the HC forums have been down. Was there excessive trolling and stupidity again?
ya, atleast in amps there was. EG is not so bad but all they want to talk about are agiles and teles. If this place wasnt so dead all th time Id spend most my time over here...

I've been spending less and less time there. I've got a couple of spam deals happening, I think when they're complete I may say bye bye to HC. This place is a ghost town, though, as are a few other sites I go to. The busy sites tend to have a ton of morons, so it seems like a can't win situation. I guess I could turn the computer off and the amp on!

Senor Cleavage":ykqvp1tg said:
I've been spending less and less time there. I've got a couple of spam deals happening, I think when they're complete I may say bye bye to HC. This place is a ghost town, though, as are a few other sites I go to. The busy sites tend to have a ton of morons, so it seems like a can't win situation. I guess I could turn the computer off and the amp on!

haha this is what i've been doing.

the verdict is in, spending all this time caring about gear and tweaking has made me a worse player, because I'm shopping and tweaking about as much as I'm playing.

Which is a really really bad thing.

Maybe with HC being down folks will begin frequenting this site more. Well, not the adolescent trolls hopefully...

Exocaster":btekoes8 said:
HC has been totally down since some time last night. I get a "database error" when I try going there.

Yeah when I saw that this morning I thought they blocked it here at work

studiojig":btekoes8 said:
Maybe with HC being down folks will begin frequenting this site more. Well, not the adolescent trolls hopefully...

I've already increased.

I usually spend most my time over there just due to speed and some about the aesthetics that I prefer.

HC certainly has a high percentage of idiots. But at least there is occasionally some good discussion going on over there. This place is just too boring IMO.

I was gone all weekend. Was there some sort of trollfest going on?

I will say this, as a web admin who deals with backend databases there is no reason why it should have been down this long. They could have restored the master db or, since it is just a forum and not really anything particularly valuable money-wise, created a new database. They either have very poor support or they have pulled the plug.

I've always had a fear that since the site is owned by Musician's Friend, that eventually some wiley exec would log into those forums or god forbid, HCAF, and see what was going on there under the company's dime and pull the plug. Hopefully that isn't what has occurred there. All of the other boards have their strenghts and weaknesses, but if they pulled the plug on HC's database server for their forums one it will be a shame because it's brutal honestly will be missed.

It's sorta back up. The main page for the forums loads now, and my account still exists, but the forums themselves aren't loading.

glenecho":2it9wons said:
I was gone all weekend. Was there some sort of trollfest going on?

I will say this, as a web admin who deals with backend databases there is no reason why it should have been down this long. They could have restored the master db or, since it is just a forum and not really anything particularly valuable money-wise, created a new database. They either have very poor support or they have pulled the plug.

I've always had a fear that since the site is owned by Musician's Friend, that eventually some wiley exec would log into those forums or god forbid, HCAF, and see what was going on there under the company's dime and pull the plug. Hopefully that isn't what has occurred there. All of the other boards have their strenghts and weaknesses, but if they pulled the plug on HC's database server for their forums one it will be a shame because it's brutal honestly will be missed.

I just saw a site that monitors HCAF.

Top authors during last week:
Code:
Posts         Name                 

138 Ron Burgandy  	 
112 Roccaforte Amps   
100 petejt 	          
88  TornadoOfSouls 	  
84  TheEsupremacy 	  
83  thinkpad20 	          
82  Mesa4x12er2 	  
81  Illuminatus