So how are the import EVH bumble bee guitars?

Different year/different finish. Like i said they don't make mine anymore.
One could argue they're all Wolfgangs but i had no trouble finding out in 2019 my frets were stainless.
Don't know what the big deal is.
I'll be sure to list them as nickel silver for you if i ever go to sell lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVH_Wolfgang
Mine also has the Bourns 500K & 250K pots as listed above.
Not trying to start a fret war but there's a difference in my WG frets and all my other guitars.
I couldn't tell you what Fender is making in Indonesia now.
Mine did come with the FR Special which is lower budget but i put an oversize brass block on and it seems to do just fine.
In the link you provided it is only talking about the top of the line EVH USA Wolfgang having stainless steel frets. It then goes on to talk about the Wolfgang Specials made in Japan in 2010(& then China for a very short time due to the Japanese factory closing). It says the specials had the same USA made EVH pickups as the USA Wolfgang.
I know for a fact the specials also had the same tiny stainless frets as the USA Wolfgang has, & came with the hardshell EVH branded fitted case. No EVH Wolfgang has ever had 'jumbo' stainless frets...not even the USA Model. Eddie preferred the small stainless frets, because he said he got better intonation with them.

It then mentions your Wolfgang WG Standard as being the lowest priced Wolfgang model. It has a Floyd Rose Special bridge with zinc saddles instead of steel and a zinc sustain block instead of brass. It says the only difference that was introduced to the 2020 WG Standard guitar from the 2014 - 2019 model, is the baked maple neck was added & a couple colors were dropped & some new colors introduced. So your WG Standard model is definitely still in full production, but just with a baked maple option & new colors.

Not only does your '19 WG Standard not have stainless frets, but it also doesn't have the USA made EVH Wolfgang pickups like the USA Wolfgang & 2010 Japanese/Chinese special has. It does have EVH Wolfgang pickups...just not the made in America ones.

In the link you provided it is only talking about the top of the line EVH USA Wolfgang having stainless steel frets. It then goes on to talk about the Wolfgang Specials made in Japan in 2010(& then China for a very short time due to the Japanese factory closing). It says the specials had the same USA made EVH pickups as the USA Wolfgang.
I know for a fact the specials also had the same tiny stainless frets as the USA Wolfgang has, & came with the hardshell EVH branded fitted case. No EVH Wolfgang has ever had 'jumbo' stainless frets...not even the USA Model. Eddie preferred the small stainless frets, because he said he got better intonation with them.

It then mentions your Wolfgang WG Standard as being the lowest priced Wolfgang model. It has a Floyd Rose Special bridge with zinc saddles instead of steel and a zinc sustain block instead of brass. It says the only difference that was introduced to the 2020 WG Standard guitar from the 2014 - 2019 model, is the baked maple neck was added & a couple colors were dropped & some new colors introduced. So your WG Standard model is definitely still in full production, but just with a baked maple option & new colors.

Not only does your '19 WG Standard not have stainless frets, but it also doesn't have the USA made EVH Wolfgang pickups like the USA Wolfgang & 2010 Japanese/Chinese special has. It does have EVH Wolfgang pickups...just not the made in America ones.
Wrong on all counts Bro. Wolfgang pups, SS frets have a nice day.
You've got my model confused w/a different import.
You seem to work hard at proving yourself right for ego purposes lol.
You've filled your reply with so much of your own bullshit theres hardly room for a rebutle.
In other news : waters wet & covids a virus/film @ 11.

evh-wolfgang-bridge-pickup-03.png

Last edited:
Wrong on all counts Bro. Wolfgang pups, SS frets have a nice day.
You've got my model confused w/a different import.
You seem to work hard at proving yourself right for ego purposes lol.
You've filled your reply with so much of your own bullshit theres hardly room for a rebutle.
In other news : waters wet & covids a virus/film @ 11.

evh-wolfgang-bridge-pickup-03.png

:LOL:

Overseas made EVH Wolfgang pickups still have 'EVH' stamped on the back of the pickups. They are officially made for the EVH company of course, but they just cost much less because they are made overseas. It does not mean those in your pic were USA made EVH Wolfgang pickups just because they have the EVH stamp on the back🙄

The USA made EVH Wolfgang pickups are in the flagship USA made Wolfgang guitars, & also in the 2010 Japan/China Wolfgang specials which also have the same small stainless steel frets that the the flagship USA Made Wolfgang guitars have. The pickups in the Mexican made EVH Striped series guitars are not even USA made Wolfgang pickups...they also have the overseas made EVH Wolfgang pickups installed. The pickups still sound very good!

I repeat. "The only EVH Wolfgang guitars that have ever had factory installed stainless frets, are the Wolfgang specials made in 2010 in Japan & China...and the flagship USA made Wolfgang guitars". Those stainless frets are small stainless frets. There has never been factory installed jumbo stainless frets(like you claim is in your 2019 factory spec Indonesian made budget Wolfgang standard) in any factory spec EVH Wolfgang guitar ever.

I repeat...your 2019 Wolfgang Standard guitar has overseas made EVH Wolfgang pickups & Jumbo Nickel frets. The only way it has jumbo stainless frets & USA made EVH Wolfgang pickups, is if you bought it used and the seller had paid to have them put in:thumbsup:

Back