So, since ToneMerch is asking for power amp ideas....

guitarslinger

Does Bogner have a power amp in the works?

It's rumoured Egnater has one in the works.

I love the fact that racks are coming back. :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

guitarslinger":1lfclknz said:

Yep, always been more of a rack guy! :D

I've always wished somebody would build a "mono" amp much like a 2150 but mono only. Peavey had a Classic 120/120 that could be used in mono and that was a killer amp I thought...weighed a fricken ton. Soldano built one but rare as hens teeth.....Yeah...I know "Just use one side of the amp" ...lol!!

kurtsstuff":1dpqvs76 said:
I've always wished somebody would build a "mono" amp much like a 2150 but mono only.

The only mono poweramp I know right now, is the Kulik Design Poweramp :confused:

va1-new-l.jpg

http://kulikamps.com/va1-poweramp.html? ... UR;tax=yes

I used my Axe FX through the power section of my Shiva, was great.

A shiva style poweramp, that would be cool. Would be nice if it could weigh under 15Kg too.

Rob, do you find that running the Fish with a Bogner power amp, colors the sound a lot vs. something like a VHT? I know you said you like the 100B power amp with the Fish. A number of people have reccomended getting a VHT power amp to mate up with it, but I'd be a little concerned about the lack of even order harmonics found in VHT's. Btw, I sent in the remaining payment for the Fish yesterday...Noel said you guys should be getting some more in soon. :rock:

I dont think it colored the sound at all in a negative way. but thats a great question and Ill ask Reinhold and Yorg what they originally tested the fish with 18 years ago. When I ran my Fish into the 100B that was part of a W/D/W that had a VHT2150 in it. So both power amps complemented the preamp very well, because in my wet cabs, I would run alot of dry signal. What I really love about the VHT power amp is how tight they are. I just got a brand new 2502 in a couple days ago and want to try the fish with it. But to answer your question, the power section of the 100b with the fish sounded amazing. it will be interesting IF and IF Bogner does do a power amp what options and voicings will be available. Ill talk to Noel tomorrow, because I hid one for you and if its still there and it should be, I will ship it to you tomorrow

Thanks, Rob...cool of you to hold on to one for me. The money orders should be there any day (shipped Priority mail Saturday). Good to know that you feel the XTC power amp doesn't color the sound in any negative way, because my band's going to record soon. Look forward to hearing what you hear from Bogner about power amps. :thumbsup:

kurtsstuff":1o02u8ed said:
I've always wished somebody would build a "mono" amp much like a 2150 but mono only. Peavey had a Classic 120/120 that could be used in mono and that was a killer amp I thought...weighed a fricken ton. Soldano built one but rare as hens teeth.....Yeah...I know "Just use one side of the amp" ...lol!!
dscn2368nj3.jpg

By dmc72, shot with [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?

I've got a Sm100r and a 100B, all I need now is a fish. :D

guitarslinger":e79mk19m said:

You're avatar is a bit off... I don't want to say it, but... What is that?

romvert":1dwe03ip said:
guitarslinger":1dwe03ip said:

Footage from Egnater-Fest!

kurtsstuff":2lm341ei said:

Peavey did make mono power amps.

Classic 120

and

Classic 60.

Szar":70a97hoc said:
romvert":70a97hoc said:
guitarslinger":70a97hoc said:

Footage from Egnater-Fest!
Hm... it looks more like a dumb ass gay fest, but hey, to each his own...

supersonic":3mu494ex said:
kurtsstuff":3mu494ex said:
dscn2368nj3.jpg

By dmc72, shot with

I know of 4 companies (major) talking of preamps and power amps this year. I don't know if I can say. But there coming soon.

Sweet rig! Almost mine exactly. I finally got the SM 100r. X99, SLO, and Fish= :rock: . I don't have the 100B, but I do have the Fish!

And yeah, that avatar is a little scary. :scared:

Back