somebody jump on this!!

I have three CCV(all Mark built) and two C+(one C+ and one C+/++). I'll take the CCV over the C+/++ every single time.

Yeah but how much better to justify the $10,000 price tag? There’s also zero support unlike the mark series even though they’re 40+ years old.

I’ll stick with my C+/++. I grabbed it for it’s ability to do one thing better than anything else - being blended with Marshall’s to get that whitesnake tone I love.

Yeah but how much better to justify the $10,000 price tag? There’s also zero support unlike the mark series even though they’re 40+ years old.

I’ll stick with my C+/++. I grabbed it for it’s ability to do one thing better than anything else - being blended with Marshall’s to get that whitesnake tone I love.

You got that III Coli AND a C+/++?! Big month over here 😂. That’s awesome

Way better. And I do love my C+ and my C+/++. And I own both CCV and MK2C+. So, I'm not biased to the amp I have over the one I don't.
Now you can try to justify with tech support, longevity of the brand, Metallica using C+ and not CCV... no mater what excuse anyone use, I'll still take the CCV every day over any Mesa amp ever released. For both tone and versatility.

You got that III Coli AND a C+/++?! Big month over here 😂. That’s awesome
That III was a IIIC+/++ and already fully converted to pentode for 180W of madness. Jeff almost yanked the thread to keep it. I’m beyond ecstatic to have grabbed it. Total Sykes dream amp.

Way better. And I do love my C+ and my C+/++. And I own both CCV and MK2C+. So, I'm not biased to the amp I have over the one I don't.
Now you can try to justify with tech support, longevity of the brand, Metallica using C+ and not CCV... no mater what excuse anyone use, I'll still take the CCV every day over any Mesa amp ever released. For both tone and versatility.

Good to know you love yours as much as you do. They are truly badass amps, no one contests that. I’ve been told and read by other owners (not just my opinion) it’s just not worth the price they go for anymore. As was stated in this thread earlier - there are a plethora of other amplifiers out there that can slam in the same league for a 1/4 of the cost. They’re so rare I’ve never played one and likely never will.

If you need the CCV to nail your tone then go for it but I’m not about to spend that kind of coin on one. I don’t favor Jose clipping, and for the price of one CCV, it’s more expensive than over 5/6 of the amps I own price wise, combined.

It’s not an amp for everyone. I’d have more fun with other options.

Last edited:
Fun fact: I designed the logo you see there for Cameron Amps. I was trying to help Mark way back then and Mark said he wanted something like the old "Corvette" lettering. I found a font that was close and a graphic artist friend and I refined it to what you see on that amp. I sent it over to Mark and the guy who was working with Mark before Brad (whose name I can't recall).

I played one for a while way back when BK and Cameron were working on their deal together. They had an amp fest / summit thing happening on the floor of a hotel in the valley. Really nice amp that feels pretty special under the fingers. I understand that they are elusive creatures that are somewhat sought after by gearheads...But I wouldn't pay more than 3K. For me personally, I have played / owned a handful of amps that I prefer over the CCV.
I agree except if be ok paying $4000

There's nothing proprietary in ether of these circuits. A good tech should be able to service both of these amps.

There's nothing proprietary in ether of these circuits. A good tech should be able to service both of these amps.

I’ve got no problem servicing my own, but I have heard of others having issues getting their mark series serviced locally. They’re complicated due to their construction.

I’ve seen gut pics from the Brad era of the CCVs. I agree there should be no issue servicing but I’m not 100% sure any just tech would just service it and not try to unsolder more than necessary to try to reverse engineer it. It’s a risk you take not servicing your own stuff and owning a 10k amp.

Last edited:
Fun fact: I designed the logo you see there for Cameron Amps. I was trying to help Mark way back then and Mark said he wanted something like the old "Corvette" lettering. I found a font that was close and a graphic artist friend and I refined it to what you see on that amp. I sent it over to Mark and the guy who was working with Mark before Brad (whose name I can't recall).

Can you share the design file by chance? I’d like to have one made for my Cameron

That III was a IIIC+/++ and already fully converted to pentode for 180W of madness. Jeff almost yanked the thread to keep it. I’m beyond ecstatic to have grabbed it. Total Sykes dream amp.

OHHHH. I think we have to work on your terminology here. There’s nothing C about a III. I know you’re new to marks, you get a pass 😂

Back