Speaker opinions with the Einstein?

duncan

I have an Einstein 50w and I am currently running it through my Bogner 4x12 loaded with V30's and G12H30 Anniversary's and it sounds great.

I am thinking of getting a 2nd cabinet to rock my Ecstasy and Einstein in stereo. In addition to the aforementioned speakers, I am looking at the following:

Greenbacks (or clone there of, ie: Scumback, WGS, etc)
Weber Silverbell Ceramic (50w)
CL80's (or WGS clone)

I'm looking for a nice smooth, thick, slightly dark, yet articulate tone that isn't harsh or woofy (just like everyone else, eh?)

What say you?

Diezel RL hempcone cab, or a bogner with CL-80's...
I didnt like my einstein through GK100's. It sounds like we have similar tastes in tone.

I have an Einstein combo 50 watter with a V-30 Celestion in it from Peter. I just got a Schmidt with the TT hemp 2x12, which I tried through the Einstein. What you are describing for tone is what this thing sounded like to me.
Not harsh at all, but extremely sweet sounding. The amp is naturally a bit on the dark side of neutral and takes on a wonderful tone with the ceramic hemps.

Anyone know of any Tone Tubby dealers in the UK? Im interested in doing a swap in my combo just to see what these things sound like!

Back