SSV / DSV Pickups

aeroic

I'm building a Warmoth L5S hollow body guitar w/ 2 F holes. (It's a oversized Les Paul "type" shaped guitar, that has been hollowed out a lot. (here are the specs http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/vi ... action=l5s ).

The body is going to be Mahogany back and flame maple top. The neck and fingerboard will be unfinished Brazilian Rosewood. For that body shape / wood selection, which of the 2 vintage style pickups would you recommend from the DSV / SSV's? I would like the neck to have a warm, smooth, juicy tone that's full but not boomy or too mushy on the low end. I would like the bridge pickup to be warm, smooth, but with a bit more "bite" and spank to it.

I'm thinking of putting a SSV in the bridge and a DSV in the neck. Any comments or recommendations on those pickup choices for that guitar / wood? Where is the best place to get Suhr pickups? Indoor Storm I know does carry them. I would like to get them with chrome covers.

Thanks.
Eric

pics of the body I'm building:

MP109A.jpg

MP109B.jpg

pics of the neck to go with it:

LPN355a.jpg

LPN355b.jpg

LPN355c.jpg

I would use SSV for both, neck and bridge since I already think you will have warmth
If you do covers it will be a sweeter tone with less edge, that is a personal preference

Back