Stop bumping your SOLD items, and making discussion threads! How about we LOCK them when SOLD.. WTF.

Yeah, monitoring the sale status of every ad and subsequently locking them would be a Helluva job.

Some ads take months to sell.

I feel like they should delete the threads. Or on the big gear lists where there's alot of items on their post for sale, instead of putting "sold" beside sold shit, just delete it and unclutter the post. Someone tell Kyle Bill that since I can't reply to his gear post. 🤏

There is something about discussion of sold things that’s actually helpful if folks chime in respectfully and look in to the past.

‘This “item” sucks and you will regret it’

‘This “item” has great x, y, z. And here is why’

‘Here are the gut shots of item …. ‘

It allows a history of everything especially when it comes around again…
“hey, that used to have the original transformer, where is it ?”

I actually prefer the price being left up too because it gives a better market value vs reverb or eBay during that point in time.

Report post - “sold, plz lock.” That’s how I’ve seen it handled on a lot of forums. But RT seems to let a lot more discussion happen in the classifieds section than I’ve seen elsewhere so I don’t really care either way.

Yeah, it's a more-social vibe for-sure @phillybhatesme.

@alund as long as peeps down't talk down a product within an ad thread before the sale it's all-good IMHO. The rules stipulate that nobody should "criticise" an item up-for-sale, but IMHO it shouldn't matter once the transaction is completed. The buyer could chime in and say why he's happy with the transaction after all. :dunno:

Report post - “sold, plz lock.” That’s how I’ve seen it handled on a lot of forums. But RT seems to let a lot more discussion happen in the classifieds section than I’ve seen elsewhere so I don’t really care either way.
Consider it free advertisement from other members bumping your thread to the top when the originator can only post a 🔝 reply every 24 hours. Not all things are bad.

Also the forum is literally titled rig talk. That also involves the classifieds as long as it’s kept professional. Don’t like it then go somewhere else and pay your membership fee to have your thread bumped from page 1 to page 7 in 5 minutes because chatting isn’t allowed.

This is like when people say things like "search is your friend" and when you search, then comment on something you found searching... the same dudes be like "aerrhhhh you bumped an old thread 🤪🤪🤪"

Funny how these things work sometimes with some people. 🤣🤣🤣

Back