Suhr Classic Antique?

jamme61

Trying to balance out the Humbucker with the two single coils. How low do you go with your humbucker height? I have the single coils as high as I think they can go 3/32nd- treble side 5/32nds bass side from the string (string fretted at last fret) Humbucker is at 4/32nds- treble side 6/32nds bass side. Still my humbucker is a lot louder then the SS. Just looking for opinions on this stuff. Thanks for any input

SSV Humbucker
ML Standard Single-Coils

jamme61":2jgdw15g said:
Trying to balance out the Humbucker with the two single coils. How low do you go with your humbucker height? I have the single coils as high as I think they can go 3/32nd- treble side 5/32nds bass side from the string (string fretted at last fret) Humbucker is at 4/32nds- treble side 6/32nds bass side. Still my humbucker is a lot louder then the SS. Just looking for opinions on this stuff. Thanks for any input

SSV Humbucker
ML Standard Single-Coils

Be careful of raising the singles up more than originally setup. It will cause string buzz and, stratitus as well as intonation issues.
Raise the hum bucker as high as you are comfortable with and lower the neck and middle. Dont lower the hum bucker too much and Don't every expect them to be matched output. That is not what it is about. Humbucker and single coil mix should be though of more like channel switching.
Most people will kick on compressors, boosters or switch channels with single coils.

I know it goes againts what you are trying to do but has anyone tried the Aldrich in the hum position on the Antique?

I like the SSV but was thinking maybe for something over the top just for fun.

Humbucker in parallel is the answer - great sound less volume loos then a split volume matches perfect with single coils- loves this sound

Back