Talk to me about G&L Tribute guitars

Atropos_Project

I know its the econo-line.... but I played one for a bit @ the local guitar shop today and rather liked it (in contrast with absolutely loathing every strat I've laid my hands on). I'd guess that the electronics will need to be ditched, as with most axes in this price range, so that's no biggie.

Anyone own one? Pros / cons appreciated!

I have an American ASAT and it's great! The Tributes actually use the same electronics as the American G&Ls, so no need to change 'em!

I can vouch for the Korean tributes as very solid guitars. Some of the new tributes are Chinese and I don't know about them.

I just bought a Legacy Tribute last weekend. Looks and plays great. The tone knobs took a bit to get used to. It's a bit bright and the pups are really low output. gonna change them sometime.

I really liked the Tribute guitars and basses that I've played. (Legacy SSH and P-bass copy) My American Invader has a bit more mojo or something to the tone that I like, but the tributes are solid. Probably one of the best values in an inexpensive guitar IMO. I've been wanting to try this one out:
688024.jpg

I have a pair of Cantrell's - the Rampage Tribute. I hate to say it, but they head and shoulders better than the original 1980's USA Rampage I owned. The trem is a price-point deduction, but I can replace that if I HAVE to, but it works. It's just not as stable as the Pro Kahler line. The pickup is surprisingly good sounding. The neck and fretwork are as good as any Chinese/Korean guitar I've had. The ebony fretboard is impressive for the price point too! Nice & dark, and relatively thick. Much thicker than my Fender Jim Root Tele was, and that guitar was 2x cost.

Gig bag is nice too.

IMG_0998.jpg

Back