Talk to me about the Line 6 DT25/50

MadAsAHatter

I realize these amps are getting on a decade old now, but I never heard of them until the other day. I generally don't care for Line 6 stuff. I happened to come across this while looking up something else and it piqued my interest. From what I read so far, people say they sound great. One thing I haven't got a clear grasp on yet... When you're selecting 1 of the 4 preamp models are you actually changing the physical topography of the power amp? Or are only selecting a digital preamp and changes to the power amp are limited to selecting Class A/Class AB and pentode/triode? I'm really curious about how this works. If it actually changes the topography of the power amp I have a specific application that this might be perfect for.

I'm thinking about picking one up to give it a shot, but I've read things about power transformer failure. Given that posts about this are so old, Was this a big issue with a lot of failures? is this still a potential problem or was it resolved on later production? Was it limited to certain models like only the combo amp?

The DT50 had tranny failure issues. I actually have a DT50 combo that I bought cheap that had a blown tranny, and fixed it for cheap. Now it just collects dust lol. Not a bad sounding amp at all. I believe you can assign the power amp class with each preset, but not 100% certain.

Back