Tell me about the Bogner Uberschall Blue Rev.

cyndicate

Active member
Seems like a Metal monster, is it limited to just that? Also from clips it seems kind of "loose" I kind of like that unique tone it gives, a saturated heavy loose tone for back of a better description :LOL: :LOL: But if I wanted to tighten it up a bit, would a clean boost make a significant difference or will it still feel kind of loose? Thinking of pairing it up with my Einstein for fun :D
 

dawnofdreamx97

Active member
I have one... I love it.

I could gig with it alone, but I use it paired with my ccv and it's brutal...

It definatly is not that tight, I wouldnt call it FLUBBY like a recto... it's loose in a good way. It's super easy to play and gets super hairy!.... what a beast of an amp , so damn thick... Never heard an amp with low end like this......
 

cyndicate

Active member
dawnofdreamx97":23qgw11b said:
I have one... I love it.

I could gig with it alone, but I use it paired with my ccv and it's brutal...

It definatly is not that tight, I wouldnt call it FLUBBY like a recto... it's loose in a good way. It's super easy to play and gets super hairy!.... what a beast of an amp , so damn thick... Never heard an amp with low end like this......
hey nick,

thanks for the response, do you run yours straight in or do you boost it?
 

dawnofdreamx97

Active member
I boost it, I kind of think it needs the boost honestly. Sounds nice with a ts9 , stock sd1 seems to work better cuts more bass seems to tighten it up even better...such an incredibly aggressive beast though!!!
 

nbarts

New member
When I need the Uber tight I actually lower the volume of my guitar. There is a sweet spot you need to find, when it starts to sound kind of in the middle of Marshall & Rectifier, very cool indeed. The great thing about Uber is that saturated tones sound great even at low volumes. With my Diezels I actually need to drive the cabinet pretty hard to hear what I want. Masters on Diezels are great, there is no doubt, but you realize why they are worth the price tag when you get them pretty loud. Uber sounds like Uber even with master about 10:00. You won't regret playing it louder though :D
 

fearhk213

Active member
cyndicate":2t3ntfp7 said:
Seems like a Metal monster, is it limited to just that? Also from clips it seems kind of "loose" I kind of like that unique tone it gives, a saturated heavy loose tone for back of a better description :LOL: :LOL: But if I wanted to tighten it up a bit, would a clean boost make a significant difference or will it still feel kind of loose? Thinking of pairing it up with my Einstein for fun :D
They're more flexible than what some would have you believe, but it's definitely modern sounding. Yeah, it's on the loose side. Depending on what type of stuff you play or if your axe is clear with tight pickups you may or may not be to boost it. If you're playing Godsmack then you probably wouldn't need the boost. If it's Lamb of God on the other hand then you may want to, unless you have something like EMG's which may be tight enough.

IMO it boost amazing well. It tightens up nicely and you can play fast articulate stuff without the bass walking all over itself like what sometimes happens when it isn't boosted. Plus, it still retains some of that cool sag in its feel/response. I've clean boosted mine with an eq and with a Bad Monkey. Either way works. I think the Uber deals really well with Tube Screamer type too. Since it was soooo much low end it can deal with low end loss the TS imparts.
 

dawnofdreamx97

Active member
fearhk213":72nyavnb said:
cyndicate":72nyavnb said:
I think the Uber deals really well with Tube Screamer type too. Since it was soooo much low end it can deal with low end loss the TS imparts.
+1 stock ts9 and sd1 work great with the uber because they DO cut bass....right on!
 

cyndicate

Active member
Got the Uber in last night, haven't had a chance to turn it up for too long, this amp needs VOLUME! But when you get it up to a sweet spot this thing just slays. At lower volumes it sounds Okay.. not great but passable, maybe someone has some settings I can use. I'm using it with a Bogner OS 2x12. This amp is exteremely saturated! Kind of loose, but a boost really helps. Way different amp than what I'm used to playing. Has a really scooped sound but I think like nbarts reviewed it, the presence knob controlled that way it was voiced without actually reducing mids, I think my settings were like

bass: 1:00
Gain: 1:00
Mids: 12:00
Treble: 2:00
Pres: 11:00

I didn't really care for the first channel though :(

Anyone got any suggestions for settings? I had only about 1 hour with it last night. Need more time with it at higher volumes :)
 

nbarts

New member
First of all I highly recommend switching one of the v30s to a 75.

Other than that experiment with everything near 1:00 & master about 10:00, which is not that loud, but should get you in the Uber realm.
 

cyndicate

Active member
nbarts":2sw8lmlx said:
First of all I highly recommend switching one of the v30s to a 75.

Other than that experiment with everything near 1:00 & master about 10:00, which is not that loud, but should get you in the Uber realm.
Cool thanks for the suggestions. I put the Master to about 10:00 last night and it was a night and day difference and started to sound like what I was expecting it to. I have a spare 75 in another cab so I guess I'll try that out tonight :thumbsup:
 

fearhk213

Active member
The key to dialing in the Uber is with the presence and the mids. The presence seems to tighten it up a bit and add some gain. It also deals with the mid frequencies more than the highs. Mine is a 2nd revision Uber, but I believe the blue revision is the same in that regard.
 
Top