The new Victory Kraken V4 Guitar Amp (pedalboard hybrid amp)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Hey guys,

Victory released a new amp this week. It's the pedalboard friendly Kraken V4 hybrid amp. It's basically a 2 channel amp with a valve preamp and a class-D solid state powersection of 180w (180w at 4 ohms). It sounds huge, it's small and it has some cool features such as a built-in digital reverb and the Two Notes cab sim. Victory was kind enough to let me demo and review the thing and I really enjoyed working with it. Here's my demo/review:

Really cool feature set on that unit! Sounds great! I am interested as well!
I've be interested to see how it would hold up through a cabinet while playing with a band. I'd assume it would be just fine.

Last edited:
Would have been better with a built-in delay, rather than reverb. I like reverb with acoustic guitar and clean tones, but with a hi-gain amp, I think more people would use delay for lead.

FYI... $1200 Canadian (likely about $800 USD, but I'm guessing). Not exactly cheap, when you can get a FM3 for that price, which comes with a plethora of incredible effects and a ton of amps and hi-res cab IRs.

sounds killer
do 95% of the non musician listeners give a fuck about true output tube tone?
nope
i also bet this feels better to play than a kemper or a fractal/line 6 etc ?

FYI... $1200 Canadian (likely about $800 USD, but I'm guessing). Not exactly cheap, when you can get a FM3 for that price, which comes with a plethora of incredible effects and a ton of amps and hi-res cab IRs.

Isn't the box in the OP also an amplifier?

sounds killer
do 95% of the non musician listeners give a fuck about true output tube tone?
nope
i also bet this feels better to play than a kemper or a fractal/line 6 etc ?
Not really. I have the preamp one, and the dynamics are not any better than the FM3 (although I'm talking about a Diezel or other amp, since Victory amps are not on the FM3). Fractal has come a long way, and I'm still waiting on the Cygnus release, which is supposed to be even superior to what the firmware is now. As far as dynamics are concerned, and having that 'tube' feel, I swear by the Hagerman VALVE pedal ($129) in front of anything, including the FM3 or a solid state. Day and night.

Why do you keep bringing the FM3 then? It's completely unrelated to the OPs post.
Maybe you should start a Fractal thread to promote their shit.
If it's any of your concern (you always can choose to ignore), someone posted that this amp likely feels better to play than a Fractal. Since I own both (the preamp at least, which is the vital part), nosey, I thought I would chime in. Good enough for you?

If it's any of your concern (you always can choose to ignore), someone posted that this amp likely feels better to play than a Fractal. Since I own both (the preamp at least, which is the vital part), nosey, I thought I would chime in. Good enough for you?

Dude, you brought up the FM3 twice BEFORE someone made a general comment about Kemper/L6/Fractal.
And since you don't own the product the OP is talking about then it's pretty useless to compare it to your FM3,
along with being totally irrelevant since they are not in the same product category.

Being a head spinning pro at "owning shit", you should know all this stuff.

Dude, you brought up the FM3 twice BEFORE someone made a general comment about Kemper/L6/Fractal.
And since you don't own the product the OP is talking about then it's pretty useless to compare it to your FM3,
along with being totally irrelevant since they are not in the same product category.

Being a head spinning pro at "owning shit", you should know all this stuff.
Dude, let me explain a few things to you. I brought up the FM3 as I indicated CLEARLY that the Kraken sounds pretty good with the IRs on that unit. Second, dude, I do have the SAME product, since the only difference is the power amp section (the main tone/sound comes from the preamp). Even the OP didn't use the IRs on the unit, but his own IRs, as I did with the Kraken. Hopefully, you now know some stuff, dude.

Back