The Saddam Hussein Verdict

Are you in favor of Saddam Hussein's Trial Outcome?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a tree hugger, save the pine weasel.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Crimson

Banned
Verdict rendered by the Iraqi High Tribunal for the massacres committed by his regime in the town of Dujayl.

Attachments

• 2_21_saddam_trial.jpg
    2_21_saddam_trial.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,392
Yes, I feel he should be killed for the crimes he has committed. You're not gonna sucker me into a political thing though. :p

Who voted no? Just curious as to the reason you voted no. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I'm just very curious to the "no" vote because that's probably the first time I've heard someone say he shouldnt die.

>|<>QBB<
ZielGuitarist":1aa60 said:
Who voted no? Just curious as to the reason you voted no. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I'm just very curious to the "no" vote because that's probably the first time I've heard someone say he shouldnt die.

I keep mistaking you and philb. One of you is going to have to get a new avatar :LOL:

It's a joke.

Sure, Saddam is as guilty as sin and a terrible dude.

But this show trial is a sham and a crime in itself.

>|<>QBB<
cloudnine":92c21 said:
It's a joke.

Shows how much I pay attention. Soon as he was caught, i filed him in the "good as dead/might as well not exist anymore" category of my brain.

I voted no. If they kill him, they risk making him into a martyr. just keep him in jail for life, he's not gonna do any harm from in there anyway.

EDIT: >|<>QBB<
cloudnine":cfcb7 said:
It's a joke.

that too. He's so guilty, that it should be relatively simple to find him guilty in a fair trial. Of course, he's so infamous that a fair trial probably isn't possible.

>|<>QBB<
cloudnine":eaea6 said:
It's a joke.

That's B.S. (not Bob Savage)

This trial is probably the most important thing to happen in Iraq. And don't start blowing off shit about the debacle war in Iraq. This trial is a display of the fact that they can handle their own issues "legally" unlike the era when Saddam would just invade your home if you disagreed or dissented and drown your ass in acid or stuff you feet first into a meat grinder.

>|<>QBB<
cloudnine":a5836 said:
It's a joke.

+1, it is really telling of the double blackmail involved in the process. While Saddam is truly a terrible man the people judging him are no angles either. I actually think if they were seriouse about having real justice then they would have delayed the trail to a point where his defence lawyers were not being shot by Iraq government sponcered millitias. Also I find it funny that he should be executed while our Jordanian allies are praised yet they committed even more terrible crimes against both their people (if you can accept the house of Jordan as having any legitimacy of rule, which is practically unsustainable) and the Palestinian people.

>|<>QBB<
flametal":7c939 said:
>|<>QBB<

Also I find it funny that he should be executed while our Jordanian allies are praised yet they committed even more terrible crimes against both their people (if you can accept the house of Jordan as having any legitimacy of rule, which is practically unsustainable) and the Palestinian people.

Nice spin, but has nothing to do with the topic.

>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":82526 said:
>|<>QBB<

Nice spin, but has nothing to do with the topic.

kinda does though, it shows how we pander to some dictators (saudi and turkmenistan would be two others among many) meanwhile villifying others.

Don't get me wrong, I realise that we can only take them out one at a time, and also some are easier to take out than others, but at the end of the day it points towards a confused, "they're bad if we say they are" foreign policy. Not to mention the varied reasons for the war in the first place also pointing to a confused foreign policy.

I dont really care what happens.

As long as i have milk in the fridge for my cereal i dont give a crap.

although if you execute saddam and shed more blood, does that really justify anything? Taking someones life? What does that prove?

Just my 2c.

That country is probably going to go totally apeshit when they kill him.

If they just locked him up, it'd be just the same as it is now, where they're flipping out enough just over other stupid shit.

He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

aa_hanovermutating.jpg

>|<>QBB<
dave_mc":a9dc1 said:
>|<>QBB<

kinda does though, it shows how we pander to some dictators (saudi and turkmenistan would be two others among many) meanwhile villifying others.

Don't get me wrong, I realise that we can only take them out one at a time, and also some are easier to take out than others, but at the end of the day it points towards a confused, "they're bad if we say they are" foreign policy. Not to mention the varied reasons for the war in the first place also pointing to a confused foreign policy.

You ever hear of a law firm by the name of "Baker Botts"? Well that's our little friend:

160px-JamesBaker.jpeg

Guess who his bigest client is? Saudi Arabia! Yep, that's his big fat elephant. Smell anything fishy?

>|<>QBB<
adam":40bc9 said:
I dont really care what happens.
Taking someones life? What does that prove?

Just my 2c.

Tell that to the 148 family members that lost their loved ones because of this barbarian in 1982.

>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":41144 said:
>|<>QBB<

Tell that to the 148 family members that lost their loved ones because of this barbarian in 1982.

I didnt mean it like that.

I meant "what does taking saddams life prove".

jeese.

Back