This is how thrash is done...

Havok is fucking rad. Have loved them for a while. Their middle albums are their best work, IMO, with "Time Is Up" being at the top. Honestly feel their last couple albums have been slowly going downwards in wiriting, as it seems David is leaning a little into the cheese too much for my personal taste, but dude is still a incredibly talented writer, guitarist and vocalist.

Reece is a ridiculously good lead guitarist and a super nice dude. My guitarist and I went to hang with him at a show in Cleveland a few years ago, as he takes lessons from Reece. Couldn't have been a nicer guy, and they put on a hell of a show even thoug there were only about 20 people there.
Yeah man Reece is SUPER nice. Got to meet him a few times. Also agree most of their best material is behind them. I dig them though.

hate to say i agree, i want to like newer thrash bands and these dudes certainly rip, cant say after hearing the songs in this thread though im compelled to hear more though :dunno:
Yeah man, I think it’s because a lot of these guys “found” thrash and used it as a roadmap. Most are to young to have been there when it grew. It’s like “this music’s cool, let’s do it!”

It’s an amazingly saturated genre and generally it’s the vocalists that kill it for me. The way Vio-Lance’s vocals ruin that band for me.

Also I hate that bands try and do retro production. Playing new school learned thrash with fakey 80’s production seems odd.

I’m glad the Destruction’s. Sodom’s and Kreator’s are still about.

a board full of dudes obsessed with Van Halen and 80s guitar tones saying havok sounds dated…. Oh the irony! Lol :D

Shots fired!
This is the 90's (edit; 80's) right here, a little Slayer, Anthrax, Overkill, etc.

Some people, some people, prefer cupcakes, where as I myself prefer muffins.

A couple years ago, there was a group of kids called Cringe tearing up old school thrash metal. They got in a legal fight with some douche fuck over the name and played as Subtype Zero for a while before (like most high school bands) they broke up. Now, members are ina death metal band called 200 Stab Wounds, and they are killing it (pun intended). This is where the torch went.

I will never forget seeing them at the club that Dimebag got shot at. They were like the 3rd band on the bill. No idea who they were. They blew me away. they were so tight and so killer. Insane
I may have played that show as well. I've played there with them twice.

A couple years ago, there was a group of kids called Cringe tearing up old school thrash metal. They got in a legal fight with some douche fuck over the name and played as Subtype Zero for a while before (like most high school bands) they broke up. Now, members are ina death metal band called 200 Stab Wounds, and they are killing it (pun intended). This is where the torch went.

Love that band!

Back