Tony Macalpine - Equilibrium is devastating

Wow, I can’t believe I missed this, thank you for posting!!

I loved his Death Of Roses album a few years ago, I was on that kick for a while. Will definitely be checking this out.

I saw TMac in Early 2020 and he blew me away. Legato in one hand and keys in the other. Brilliant player.
Was that the tour where he had Arch Echo opening for him? Because I saw that one as well and it was mindblowing (Must have been 2019ish)

I really dig Tony's playing. Ever since the mid/late 80s. I saw him with Derek Sherinian in 2006 or so and was blown away. That's when I decided to try the 7 string. I saw him a few years later playing in Vai's band, but obviously he was just a side guy.

Was that the tour where he had Arch Echo opening for him? Because I saw that one as well and it was mindblowing (Must have been 2019ish)
No, this was early 2020, before the pandemic really hit. I'm not sure who opened for him actually.

Tony is one of those musicians who endeavors to keep improving. I love all his material. Got to see him locally right before the pandemic when his band played a show with Sons of Apollo. Amazing!

Back