Torpedo with a Vintage Fender

opiante

Hi Guys,

OK, just a quick question here.
I have a 1966 Fender Pro Reverb that I really love. It would be great if I could use it with a Torpedo unit (such as the VB101). Primary use would be as a cab emulator, but it may be cool to have it as a load as well.

So question nmber one is, would this be as simple as disconnecting the internal speakers of the Fender combo, running the cable to a Torpedo, and then another cable back to the Combo's speakers? The added complication is that these vintage Fenders use a different cable, not a standard 1/4" jack. Has anyone experimented with a vintage Fender amp before.

Question number 2 is about impedence. I believe that these old Fenders are 4ohm and the VB101 is an 8ohm load. Would it be OK to connect them?

Thanks
Ian

- 1 : Yes, just a question of matching cables / Rca(s) / Jack(s) ...etc.... And it works great /w any vintage amp.
- 2 : Old Fenders are 4, sometimes 2 Ohms. There's no problems in plugin' a GREATER load. But NEVER do the inverse !!

Btw, in absolute terms, matching impedances is primordial to respect original sound/voices of your amp ...
AMHA

Back