Tourmaster channel switching

Rhoanan

In search of some help/insight...my 4100 suddenly lost channel switching ability...none of the LED's light up and the front panel push buttons do not work (footswitch is the same)...I have Clean/Vintage 1 and all dials work for that channel...the master section also seems to be working properly...not sure how the channel switching on this amp works, relay? Diode? It was all of a sudden so I assume it's not much...any help would be appreciated...PS:way past warranty so I am looking to fix the issue myself...tks in advance!

So I opened up the head and noticed right away that there is a wire detached from its clip...there is a clip with three wires that runs from the power PCB to the switching PCB (CN28)...from what I can tell this feeds power to the switching system....my dilemma is that the power end clip seems to be fixed to the PCB...all the other clips have a male/female that detaches...I may be mistaken and need to use a little more elbow grease but....it looks like it will be a huge undertaking in order to remove the power PCB and de-solder the clip...can anyone shed some light as to whether or not the clips is indeed soldered in place...I'm really hoping I'm mistaken....tks in advance

Back