Twin Jet Uber kills!!!

Hey Jay,
I got my twinjet yesterday. Yes this is a very loud amp, but I was playing until 2am lastnight and kept at a low volume. The master works great on it. Sound really good at bedroom volume. When you get some volume on these head it becomes a real beast. I would say that the twinjet has more of a Marshall vibe on channel 1 and when you go to the 2nd channel it engages the real gainey tones. By far the best Uber going. Much more usable eq than the past models. I have to say that this is a very in your face ballsy head. Lead tones are real nice and gainy with a creamy tone to them. Not that squishy tone of the past. I was going back and fourth between the jet and my ccv and they are different animals,but the jet holds it own and is a real killer fot the highgain vibe. I highly recomend the twinjet and will be keeping it.
I have a Fortin bones on order with some extras that Mike is throwing on it. I cant wait to go between the jet and the bones. :rock:

parntz145":1jppfgop said:
Hey Jay,
I got my twinjet yesterday. Yes this is a very loud amp, but I was playing until 2am lastnight and kept at a low volume. The master works great on it. Sound really good at bedroom volume. When you get some volume on these head it becomes a real beast. I would say that the twinjet has more of a Marshall vibe on channel 1 and when you go to the 2nd channel it engages the real gainey tones. By far the best Uber going. Much more usable eq than the past models. I have to say that this is a very in your face ballsy head. Lead tones are real nice and gainy with a creamy tone to them. Not that squishy tone of the past. I was going back and fourth between the jet and my ccv and they are different animals,but the jet holds it own and is a real killer fot the highgain vibe. I highly recomend the twinjet and will be keeping it.
I have a Fortin bones on order with some extras that Mike is throwing on it. I cant wait to go between the jet and the bones. :rock:

I would very much like to hear what you think and what you see as differences of the 3 amps above when you have the BONES a bit.

.... and congratulations on the new amp to all of you. Very cool .... :)

Cool Paul, thanks for the report!!!
I figure it will take over where the CCV tops off
which I think is just before brutal metal bottom end
punishment.
Now I gotta get another 4X12 for the TJ :rock:

AusTexCap":a3w31sk8 said:
How much is the Twin Jet going for? Has it changed much cosmetically?
As far as looks its the same except you get a white faceplate instead of black. Looks better imo. I also like the white because on the older black faceplate ones they got all crudded up and smudgey looking.

Steve, your killing me!!! Me want so bad :doh: :aww:

My main concern is that the low end isn't nice and tight...
The Uber I had before I needed a boost to tighten it up
for dropped tunings and tight riffs.
I dont play super tight pickups more overwound PAF but they were
tight enough with the M90 just not the Uber.

Sounds like the old one with a better power section. Nice! But still not completely mean yet for me...

It's is still one of my favorite amps & probably the most fun amp to play; just feels so awesome with a 4x12 :)

Back