Uh Oh 68 pedals! Analogman is coming for ya

I love my 68 Pedals King Of Clone. Anyone who has a problem with that can suck shit through a wet rag.

That sort of talk will get you a knock on the door from Analogman..keep your clones away from the doors, he will stomp anything in site.

I actually don't care much either but I do love the fact that he is trolling 68 pedals. Joyo just released their own clone too. Lots of room for competition in the clone world!

That sort of talk will get you a knock on the door from Analogman..keep your clones away from the doors, he will stomp anything in site.

I actually don't care much either but I do love the fact that he is trolling 68 pedals. Joyo just released their own clone too. Lots of room for competition in the clone world!
The KOC (lol) is a good pedal, but it's no Crowther Double Hot Cake. The CDHC excels in lower-mid tones, which I prefer. I make the comparison, because these are the only two boost pedals that I own. I sold my CDHC a couple of months ago, and I've been regretting it ever since. Think of the KOT as a Marshall JCM800 in a box - Crowther Double Hot Cake as a MV modified Marshall Super Bass 100 in a box.

The KOC (lol) is a good pedal, but it's no Crowther Double Hot Cake. The CDHC excels in lower-mid tones, which I prefer. I make the comparison, because these are the only two boost pedals that I own. I sold my CDHC a couple of months ago, and I've been regretting it ever since. Think of the KOT as a Marshall JCM800 in a box - Crowther Double Hot Cake as a MV modified Marshall Super Bass 100 in a box.

I actually find the OD side of my clone to be a bit too bitey and not gained out enough and I usually like bite. Maybe the hotcake would be more up my alley. Regardless, Analogman should hire one extra staff member, up the pedal price by 40$ and cut down his wait time. I mean he is finishing up orders from 2017! Ridiculous.

the irony of a guy who cloned two pedals to make a pedal getting angry about someone cloning his pedal....

There is a difference between making the same circuit and putting it in a box with your own branding and making complete forgeries of another companies product with their graphics to make it look like the original company made it. I think Mike Piera is happy to make the real deal all day long and doesn't care that other companies are making cheap clones. His real ones will always sell. But when you copy his graphics and put his company logo on your forgery that's absolutely going to get some legal action.

There is a difference between making the same circuit and putting it in a box with your own branding and making complete forgeries of another companies product with their graphics to make it look like the original company made it. I think Mike Piera is happy to make the real deal all day long and doesn't care that other companies are making cheap clones. His real ones will always sell. But when you copy his graphics and put his company logo on your forgery that's absolutely going to get some legal action.

Yeah, this. Copying the circuit and doing your own version of it, no big deal. Trying to make it look like the real thing is a big deal. It's not technically fraud, but it really feels like it. (Technically, it's just trademark violation, I'm aware.)

I think we all agree...cosmetics. Where it really stings is when those analogman branded clones get sold to someone who doesn't know better and passed off for more $ than they are worth. King of Clone though, all good.

bigsticker.jpg

Piera and i are friends. I have no problem with Mike smashing the competition.
But knockoffs aren't really legit to begin with.
U.S. Customs does the same thing with fake Gibson/Pharma and about a million other things some of which kills unsuspecting people.

Are they SURE they destroyed a 68 pedals KoT clone? Or was it a clone of the 68 pedals Kot clone that they destroyed. 🤔

Back