Upgrading Cab M+ (w/firmware upgrade installed) to Captor X- do I lose any of the stock cabinets from Cab M+?

Alathea_Squared

I have a Captor, and Cab M+. I now have the money for a Captor X.

1. Am I losing anything by not keeping the 2 devices vs 1? I don't run any crazy routing, and I don't gig- so pretty much either my amp into captor/cabM into FRFR for "in room sound" or same setup but into headphones or my computer for silent playing. Desk space is somewhat limited, so reducing boxes is always good, especially since I cannot easily bend/knee/crouch to adjust things on the floor due to due disability- I have my multipedal and various stompboxes on my desktop depending on what I'm using at any given time. I just run them before and after the CabM just as if the Cab M was the 'amp'.

(Can't tell you guys how much I appreciated the firmware update that added the preamp to the CabM+ that allowed the above)

2. Since there are folders of IRs for different TwoNotes and TwoNotes adjacent products that come with the Wall of Sound software, Can I load CabM IRs onto the Captor X? I.E. if I like the BDlux cab from my Cab M+ can it be used on the Captor X with the understanding that I won't have access to some settings, perhaps?

Thanks!

CAS

I think I would go with Cab M and Captor X. Lot's of flexibility there.

guitar > effects > Cab M > AI
guitar > effects > amp > Cab M > FRFR
guitar > effects > amp > Cab M > Captor X > AI (with/without FRFR)
guitar > effects > amp > Captor X > AI

Thanks, Manzer- uh....okay- what is "AI" in this context?

Isn't the Captor X basically a CabM+ with some extra features and a load attenuator? To me, it seems, at least, that Captor X does both what my CabM and Captor do together, minus a couple of cables and an extra box on my desk. I like the idea of it doing both, I just don't know if I'm sacrificing anything to do it that way.

AI = Audio Interface
Cab M gives you options without using your amp.
There's overlap in the features between the two units. You might like the sound of the new one better or the old one so there's that. If the main goal is to simplify then Captor X will do fine.
Keeping the Cab M just gives you more.

Back