Using the loop volume as your master with MCII

halebox

Ive been doing this at home and I feel Im getting a better full bodied tone. Im able to crank it and get more power amp fullness. I will try this at next rehearsal. Im thinking this amp really needs to be cranked to sound proper. On 3 its brutally loud but using the loop volume I can turn it up more and it starts to sound glorious. Anyone else do this? Or is anyone using an attenuator?

halebox":z4q4h3es said:
Ive been doing this at home and I feel Im getting a better full bodied tone. Im able to crank it and get more power amp fullness. I will try this at next rehearsal. Im thinking this amp really needs to be cranked to sound proper. On 3 its brutally loud but using the loop volume I can turn it up more and it starts to sound glorious. Anyone else do this? Or is anyone using an attenuator?

i do the same. run the loop send around noon for you FX and the return around 9:00-10:00. you can then run the masters around 10-11:00 for some good results. really fattens the amp up at non-brain bleed volumes for home or stage.

I use so the loop with a delay so I cant use it as a master volume

I have been using a rockcrusher and it sounds great.

Do you guys set Master and Send Higher...
then use the return down lower for the volume cut?

OR -

The Master high, then BOTH send/return lower?

Thanks,

I havent played it loud or rehearsed lately so Im just back to using the regular master. When I was using loop for master I usually have return at like 2 oclock and use the send as the overall master and the regular master on front 12-2 oclock

Is there any specific way to engage this? I tried it by inserting a 12" cable between send and return (I don't run loop effects) and it didn't seem to do anything.

Do you have a II? Does the loop have send and return volumes? If your loop is not footswitchable perhaps its a pull knob on presence to activate it?

It's an MCI w/ some MCII option updates added by Rick. I've got a loop w/ send and return levels and footswitch option.
Luckily, it has the presence pull option- I did that as recommended and it worked great.

Thanks!!!

Back