Van Halen Catalog

Techdeth

Once or twice a year I listen to the Van Halen catalog in order . Doing it now . Its cool to see Eddie’s tone evolution in order . OU812 is the only one that’s a chore to get through . So it’s my least favorite. My fav is …Fair Warning . Though it’s too short . Just wanted to see you favorite and least favorite as well as I’m in Van Halen week lol

crwnedblasphemy

I am in total disagreement. No disrespect. Ever since getting back into vinyl in 2017, my views have changed a bit. OU812 is one of my favs. And I never owned it growing up. VH3 and Balance don't do anything for me. Nor does Diver Down, besides a couple songs. OU812, 5150, 1984, VH1 and II are my favs. I like F.U.C.K. album, but not my go to.

Techdeth

I am in total disagreement. No disrespect. Ever since getting back into vinyl in 2017, my views have changed a bit. OU812 is one of my favs. And I never owned it growing up. VH3 and Balance don't do anything for me. Nor does Diver Down, besides a couple songs. OU812, 5150, 1984, VH1 and II are my favs. I like F.U.C.K. album, but not my go to.
I don’t take it as disrespect at all . I’m usually the oddball because I live VH3 so much because I think Eddie’s rhythm playing on that is so crazy. Ou812 production just falls so flat on my ears mostly is all

thenine

Yep Fair Warning is the tops for me. Everything fantastic. Then Women and Children First. I don’t think gets enough pub. Fools, Romeo Delight. Everybody Wants Some, Loss of Control. Fantastic. I think after the first 2 albums he was really able to get down what he wanted.

311splawndude

Once or twice a year I listen to the Van Halen catalog in order . Doing it now . Its cool to see Eddie’s tone evolution in order . OU812 is the only one that’s a chore to get through . So it’s my least favorite. My fav is …Fair Warning . Though it’s too short . Just wanted to see you favorite and least favorite as well as I’m in Van Halen week lol

I do this too. FW is without a doubt my favorite but they are all really good. Prefer DLR era but the they are all good albums pretty much top to bottom.

Techdeth

I do this too. FW is without a doubt my favorite but they are all really good. Prefer DLR era but the they are all good albums pretty much top to bottom.
I agree . I think it’s the production of OU812 that kills me most . It sounds like it was recorded in a tin can . Blow up your video by AC/DC does too . And so does Girls Girls Girls. 87-88 was a weird time for mastering . So many albums then have that super treble sound with small lows and mids . IMO

megamike

I love everything VH has done ,in the order it was done. Except ADKT should move up on the list and VH lll should be at the bottom.

romanianreaper

Eddie was such an innovator and I didn't get stuck in wanting him to be a certain way, etc or create a certain type of music. I dig all of his stuff, some more than others.

For me, VH1 will always be my favorite start to finish, then the rest of the DLR Era, song-specific, not album specific. I had high hopes for the Gary Cherone stuff but they were on some super hippy trip or something with tight 70s pants and turtlenecks and the songs were just...off. I did like a few songs on that though.

When 5150 came out, I was loving it!! DLR was irritating me with the stuff he was doing and I was just happy they were doing some new music. The songs were great.