VHT Pitbull ST... anyone?

Guitarzan1143

I have the chance to get a mint head with footswitch, the 50 watt ST version with reverb and graphic EQ on front for 900 shipped. Anyone play these amps? Any comments on price/amp/sound quality? I hear they are famous for being very clear sounding, note definition, and considering I play rock/hard rock and use single coils, i think this amp could sound incredible for what I want.

Had one for 11 years.

Really liked it. Its not high gain like the CL/CLX/Ultralead is.

Clean channel is very vintage HiWatt sounding. Volume only, no gain. I crunches around 2 O'clock. I found it ver nice and open.

Drive channel is thick sounding, as i said not high gain really, more JCM800 with a bit more. With boost on each channel though and the Graphic F/S able its very versatile.

I ran the clean just that, with the boost taking it into crunch. A coupl of pedals (a Catalinbread SCP boost and a Sub Decay Liquid Sunshine OD) in front and I got most of my tones right there.

i set up the gain channel for my lead tone (as I said - thick and harmonically ritch - not compressed though) - 2 gain levels using the boost (depending on the song) and set the Graphic in the traditional V setting which scouped the mids a little for a more modern sound.

So even though this band is for my rock band, if I was wanting to fool around, could i play some metal with it if i scoop the EQ, and max the gains/boosts and cranked it? Even when i play metal i keep the gain pretty low, on my 5150 the preamp gain is only at 4/10 and i dont want it any higher.

Back