VHX Pre loop FX? Stereo reverb/delay?

imm0rtality8

I am new to the world of pedal chains etc. i was good this year and santa hooked me up! I understand how a pedal chain worksand the idea of what order to put the pedals. My question is: why would I use the pre loop on the front of the vhx? The pre loop would just put everything in front of the pre amp just like placing it into the input? Im sure there is a good reason for it but dont quite get it.

Here is a list of my new pedals:

Digitech Whammy DT
Morley Wah
Strymon Timeline delay
Strymon big sky reverb

What scenerio, if any, should i use the pre loop?

Also, I’m not quite sure how to run the Strymon stereo for recording purposes. Using the VHX i should plug in the left send and return to FX loop A and use FX loop B for the right? That way if I wanted a stereo signal sent to front of house, or direct out for recording, the effects would be stereo.

Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thanks,

Patrick

I am new to the world of pedal chains etc. i was good this year and santa hooked me up! I understand how a pedal chain worksand the idea of what order to put the pedals. My question is: why would I use the pre loop on the front of the vhx? The pre loop would just put everything in front of the pre amp just like placing it into the input? Im sure there is a good reason for it but dont quite get it.

Here is a list of my new pedals:

Digitech Whammy DT
Morley Wah
Strymon Timeline delay
Strymon big sky reverb

What scenerio, if any, should i use the pre loop?

Also, I’m not quite sure how to run the Strymon stereo for recording purposes. Using the VHX i should plug in the left send and return to FX loop A and use FX loop B for the right? That way if I wanted a stereo signal sent to front of house, or direct out for recording, the effects would be stereo.

Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thanks,

Patrick
Yes Pre loop is just like having anything in front, the advantages of it is that it will be bypassed or activated automatically when changing presets, so a single midi PC would also activate/deactivate whatever is in the pre loop.

Got it! Pretty cool feature that I didnt realize I had. Will come in handy if I dont have a true bypass pedal or I have a chain that I wish to turn off and on. Thanks!!

Exactly, or simply switching from distortion + external boost to clean pressing only your midi button instead of multiple buttons!

Back