Vibrato with the sliding technique

Nick

I came across a couple players who use vibrato by sliding from one fret to the next quickly. I was wondering if this technique is used in other genres other than classical guitar perhaps. What are the main differences between that technique and the regual technique we see most players doing ?

are there any other techniques that are used, and how does violonists' tenchique differs from guitar players' technique as far as vibrato goes ?

Nick":86de9 said:
I came across a couple players who use vibrato by sliding from one fret to the next quickly. I was wondering if this technique is used in other genres other than classical guitar perhaps. What are the main differences between that technique and the regual technique we see most players doing ?

are there any other techniques that are used, and how does violonists' tenchique differs from guitar players' technique as far as vibrato goes ?
The difference is that you can above and below the pitch on violin, or any fretless instrument.
The slide vibrato on guitar is a lot more subtle. However you can also use it to bend a note down in pitch.

pop_n_fresh":1c9a3 said:
Would that not a be a trill?
nope, you slide inbetwee the wire, not across it.

cloudnine":e089d said:

which part makes no sense?
the vibrato or the bending down?

He may be asking about what Lynch does, that insane wide sounding vibrato that is in fact him sliding up and down a whole step from the root note.

cloudnine":bda74 said:
Bending down. I didnt know that you could bend DOWN in pitch?
here ya go...
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=119326&highlight=kimock

Digital Jams":23c0e said:
He may be asking about what Lynch does, that insane wide sounding vibrato that is in fact him sliding up and down a whole step from the root note.
I was thinking the same thing. There are a few guys who do this but I ALWAYS think of Lynch when I hear it!

I always see Greg Howe doing that... he makes it look piss easy but i can never get it to work :( I love the sound of that slidey vibrato!!

MrDan666":a12fc said:
I always see Greg Howe doing that... he makes it look piss easy but i can never get it to work :( I love the sound of that slidey vibrato!!

I can't either, one night I spent an hour trying to get that Lynch move done and wound up just getting pissed off :D :x

Digital Jams":8a6da said:

I can't either, one night I spent an hour trying to get that Lynch move done and wound up just getting pissed off :D :x

LOL! Iv spent more than hours and still cant get it right :x

Back