Voltage Regulators and Power Conditioners that Don’t Break the Bank?

glpg80

What’s everyone running for isolated regulators and conditioners model wise that gets the job done? I’m not too keen on a $1200 all in one unit and wondering how others are solving this issue?

I use a Furman P-1800AR and P-1800PFR which are both kind of expensive. You can find the older version of the voltage regulator used a decent price from time to time. Furman AR-15 Series II or the Furman AR-1215

I use a Furman P-1800AR and P-1800PFR which are both kind of expensive. You can find the older version of the voltage regulator used a decent price from time to time. Furman AR-15 Series II or the Furman AR-1215
Ditto. Got the same setup after trying several different conditioners. On top of providing clean power this combo lowered my noise floor a bit.

Yeah but I’m not trying to spend $2,000. I remember the older versions - wondering if it’s any use to source them or just not bother at this point. Seems like a pay to play field.

I got a used AR-1215 and it seems to work well. My meter measures closer to 119vac output (my wall is ~125vac) but I'm cool with that. I think there is another similar model that regulates to 117vac but can't remember exact model and you don't see them nearly as much.

I don’t remember what models I have but I just went to a computer store (Frye’s I think it was) and looked for a UPS with AVR tech. I plug a basic Furman (the $99 1U 8outlet rack conditioner) in and hang equipment off the Furman.
I have 3 of these (UPS+Furman) setups, one for amps, one for Mac and recording gear and another for misc.

I got a used AR-1215 and it seems to work well. My meter measures closer to 119vac output (my wall is ~125vac) but I'm cool with that. I think there is another similar model that regulates to 117vac but can't remember exact model and you don't see them nearly as much.
Are there any voltage regulators where you can set the regulated voltage? 120V would put my B+ well over 500V on my Marshall, that’s getting up there. It’s biased at 117V with 460 on the plates loaded.

Are there any voltage regulators where you can set the regulated voltage? 120V would put my B+ well over 500V on my Marshall, that’s getting up there. It’s biased at 117V with 460 on the plates loaded.
Can’t you just buy a Variac? I grabbed one, works great. Less than 100 bucks.

P1800 ar.

Bit the bullet new, haven't looked back though. Most important part of our sound is powah, so, gotta go real good there.

They can be found used for under $5

Can’t you just buy a Variac? I grabbed one, works great. Less than 100 bucks.
The point is not to build a rack that can’t be lifted. I would assume there’s a modification that can be made to an AR-1215 to adjust the voltage desired - I need to find a schematic or repair manual. If I figure it out I’ll post a how-to in the tech section.

I am interested. Looked at one of the APC things not too long ago but became sidetracked with buying too much gear over the past 6 months and forgot about it until the other day when my Juice Goose was showing about 126 coming through my line.

Back