Wah recommendations

ClintN667

Hey guys,
I'm not big on wah pedals but I would like to have one just to have. Can you guys recommend one? I would like something that doesn't have the switch like an original crybaby. Looking for something a bit compact as well.

😆 🤣 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-111348_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-111348_Chrome.jpg
    726.5 KB · Views: 45
Switchless - as @Scordare said the mini 535Q. Or the full size 95Q, I've owned the 95Q for years, works perfect. If I could get along with the mini's I'd go that route but just too small for me.

I've had the 95Q for a couple of years now. Works like a charm. You will need a buffer before it as the buffer on it isn't that great.

They have switches but I've enjoyed the cae and Cantrell crybaby wahs and the Friedman gold 72. The new Clyde McCoy crybaby looks interesting as well but never tried it.

Again...switches.. But the Dunlop CAE MC404 is a fantastic wah pedal. Dual fasel, great sweep... well thought out and designed wah.

Although it doesn't have auto-return, the Dunlop CFH Dimebag is the tits! First of all it has an adjustable boost, second, it has a Q knob,... well, here - "Work on this pedal first began some 20 years ago when Dime, a long-time user of the super customizable Cry Baby 535Q Multi-Wah, wanted even more freedom when setting up his rig on stage. Starting with the 535Q, we carried over its Q control, 6-way range selector, and adjustable kick-in boost. Next, we hot-rodded it with a wide sweep range for Dime to dig deep and fly high, a control to adjust the pedal's toe-down frequency, an extra output for splitting your signal to a separate FX chain, and back-mounted LED indicators to conveniently show whether the wah is on and whether the boost is engaged. Finally, we replaced the standard rubber tread with skateboard skid tape so that your foot doesn't slip on any spilled beverages."

Bad ass wah, sounds like Adam Jones.

Hey guys,
I'm not big on wah pedals but I would like to have one just to have. Can you guys recommend one? I would like something that doesn't have the switch like an original crybaby. Looking for something a bit compact as well.
Morley

535Q user here, love it. I have the original. It's definitely a good one. I have a Fulltone Clyde, and honestly I wanted it because it has a light for an indicator - my biggest pet peeve about wah pedals is that most don't have a light indicating status. the Fulltone sits on the shelf because I think the 535Q sounds better.

Always wanted to try one of the RMC wahs. a little more pricey but the vids sound fantastic.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more switchless/auto return wahs....once you start playing one I could not imagine going back to a traditional switch wah.

I own a CAE, bought that years ago to in hopes to eliminate two pedals (buffer and wah) but there was just no way I could go back to a switched wah after years of being switchless, so I stuck with the 95Q, with buffer pedal.

I missed out on the Billy Duffy series Crybaby years ago, can't find used one's anywhere and when you do their $500 plus.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more switchless/auto return wahs....once you start playing one I could not imagine going back to a traditional switch wah.

I own a CAE, bought that years ago to in hopes to eliminate two pedals (buffer and wah) but there was just no way I could go back to a switched wah after years of being switchless, so I stuck with the 95Q, with buffer pedal.

I missed out on the Billy Duffy series Crybaby years ago, can't find used one's anywhere and when you do their $500 plus.
i am on the same page as you.. always used a standard Crybaby and then upgraded to the Dunlop Dime original, which sounded amazing.. but then got the 95Q and it sounds amazing and absolutely love the switchless feature.

Infact, I bought a defective 95Q to have my pedal maker buddy convert it to an expression pedal to use as a wah with my AxeFX8. haha

i am on the same page as you.. always used a standard Crybaby and then upgraded to the Dunlop Dime original, which sounded amazing.. but then got the 95Q and it sounds amazing and absolutely love the switchless feature.

Infact, I bought a defective 95Q to have my pedal maker buddy convert it to an expression pedal to use as a wah with my AxeFX8. haha
Yep. Just press down an go. Never have to press down to make sure you get the click not to mention where you are on the sweep for off/on.

I went through several Morleys years ago...the Lynch, Vai and the Tremonti. Now IMO the Tremonti was the best sounding of that bunch. Drawbacks to those Morleys is if you want them mounted on your board, they take up alot of space. Ultimately I wanted the traditional Crybaby sound and why I went with the 95Q.

^^... I may have to grab a 95Q. Been using the Morley Tremonti for years... love the switchless feature, but might be time to switch it up.
Sounds good.. Like i said earlier, only thing I recommend with that wah is a buffer before it. I've tried it and without a buffer with guitar plugged directly into it and I can definitly notice the high end reducation.

Try it and see what you think.

Back