Warren's great tone is coming from the EVH Stealth?

jchrisf

I'm not usually impressed with an artists tone shot this way at a clinic but I was listening to this last night through headphones and really liked his tone. Then when the camera panned out a little later in the video I was surprised to see what looks to me like the EVH Stealth amp on stage with him.

one of the things I like best about Warrens solos is that he thought them out enough (most of them anyway) that when you here one you can hum along almost every line he plays, he really played for "the song" and didn't just shred to lay in some filler to say "look at how good I am"
and the fact that he seems like such a cool humble down to earth guy makes me admire him even more.
I love the graphic on the one he's playing at the beginning of the video.... so cool

Good time but great hands. Warren is one of my faves as well. So damn good and always played perfectly for the song. He also has some really cool unique phrasing to his pentatonics and legato which only he sounds right playing because of his swing feel.

Back