Weird patch change problem.....

slimpickens

Hey dave, just got a new setup going with some gear I had laying around.
I'm using the G-force in the loop of my amp and pedals on tray into a gcx.
G-force is not in the gcx except a midi cable. when I switch presets on my rs-10.
it looks as if the g-force is being sent the same message 2 to 3 times and there is a significant
lag and drop out in signal when changing presets which I don't ever remember having when I used this before, in fact I know I didn't. So, what is going on? anyone???

Well the gforce lags some on preset changes and the rs10 is sending redundant program changes. Wait are you sending different patch changes to the gforce on different presets in a bank on the rs10? also what helps a lot is a mixer you won't hear the drop outs.

RACKSYSTEMS":2mrlp9aw said:
Well the gforce lags some on preset changes and the rs10 is sending redundant program changes. Wait are you sending different patch changes to the gforce on different presets in a bank on the rs10? also what helps a lot is a mixer you won't hear the drop outs.

I have patch changes being sent on PC1 on midi ch#16, I guess I have to check to see if there are other changes being sent on PC2, 3,4,5,6 right?

Just noticed Preset #6 for the expander is not showing up in the patch change part of program mode. Any clues? I had two expanders and took one off, user error I suspect???

thanks

everything seems to be working fine, FYI there is only 5 patch change commands per preset.
when I changed the midi channel on the others PCs from 16 everything started to behave better, even though there was no preset number selected to change to... kinda weird, but maybe that was the redundancy?
thanks Dave for your willingness to help.

Back