Wessex

glassjaw7

Borrowed this pedal recently and put it up against some killer overdrives (BB, Lovepedal Eternity, J Rockett Archer, Sweet Honey, Barber DD, etc)

This pedal is voiced very bright (especially for a Bogner product;) but it's a pleasing bright with a nice depth to it and not scratchy or fatiguing like so many pedals can sound. There is something very musical about it in every setting, and that goes down to the feel of the pedal while playing. It's got that perfect sparkly breakup thing going on that so many pedals try to get. Must be the transformers. At this point, the Archer and Wessex are two of the absolute best overdrives I've played.

I own the Red but the feel of the Wessex has me wanting a Burnley now..

The Wessex is the bomb, it booted everything off my board and it's been there a year+, also grabbed a Burnley, and recently a Harlow, great pedals, my only gripe is the switch/buttons are really hard/firm to switch on and off, takes a lot of pressure.

Interesting beccause I own a Burnley and although I love the sound and how much gain it has, I often wish I could get more presence out of it. I have been considering the Wessex, but I have plenty of great overdrives already, and need more gain than a KTR or Tubescreamer offers. Is the Wessex really a mid-gain pedal, or is it like a tubescreamer with a bit more hair?

The Wessex is not very much like a TS at all. It has more of a juicy and full range sound and NO lack of brightness! Serious cut and top end if you want it. I don't know how to describe it. It's very unique among all of the overdrives I've played. Love it!

Just got one and in my rig it is not bright, very balanced and full sounding. The Enhanced mode is crazy good. This pedal almost sounds like my 2204 with the gain cranked, but the feel is where this pedal shines..First pedal that doesnt feel like a pedal..

I just ordered a bubinga Wessex. Should be here Friday.
I'm hoping it gives me some Marshally juice and squish out of my uber twin jets first channel with the amps gain at just to breakup. I like the tightness of the 1st channel but sometimes I want a little more of a vintage voice, but not enough to buy another amp. Hope it fits the bill

Back