What color for the Zakk LP??

What color for the Zakk LP should I choose?

• Black

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • Gold Top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White

• Deep Blue

• Purple just for Kage

• Have a monkey grib cut into it and use own blood for DNA LP

• Total voters

Digital Jams

So I may have a chance to have this painted by one of the best, what color should I choose???

I called Ted Nugent and he did not want it :D

I can't sell this, too cool a guitar to let go!

P1221295.JPG

I was banned from the LP forum once but after paint I will join again to show them this great traditional Les Paul, the monkey grip should be received rather nicely.

I always thought alpine white was a cool color for LPs with gold hardware and no pickguards

274232186ebafqj5.jpg

>|<>QBB<
tjon":3ef26 said:
I always thought alpine white was a cool color for LPs with gold hardware and no pickguards

274232186ebafqj5.jpg

I agree and think white and gold go very well together. If it was my guitar I would go with purple, and change the hardware if I didn't like the gold. Purple and gold could still look nice together depending on the shade.

Ugh, they are all looking good in my mind but the Gold Top and Black are looking the best to me. White would also look great but I am not a white guitar dude.

I voted black since it has gold hardware, but would have voted goldtop if it had silver.

Here's what you do. Paint the thing dark blue. Then, paint the right side yellow, hell let's call it "maize" in a 'w'-ish shape. Then extend the points on the 'w' all the way up the body of the guitar in yellow.

Ta-da - it looks like a Michigan Wolverine's football helmet. That's money...

Being an Ebony LPC owner myself I would have to go with Black. It's just classic and sexy as hell! :supz:

>|<>QBB<
mysticaxe":234dd said:
Here's what you do. Paint the thing dark blue. Then, paint the right side yellow, hell let's call it "maize" in a 'w'-ish shape. Then extend the points on the 'w' all the way up the body of the guitar in yellow.

Ta-da - it looks like a Michigan Wolverine's football helmet. That's money...

That would not look half bad :D I am a Penn State fan though :x

i voted for deep blue...so it doesn't look like every other blah-blah les paul i've seen.

I wish I knew know the maple cap looked like, tobacco burst would freaking look great but that would jack the cost up to totally stripe the guitar and the top may look like crap knowing Gibson :x

just curious...if you can get a custom paint job on a guitar, why would you get it painted like a guitar that you could buy anywhere? i mean, if you just like the color/burst/theme, i guess that works but i always thought...if you got a custom paint job, make it different.

>|<>QBB<
j666":4d2a5 said:
just curious...if you can get a custom paint job on a guitar, why would you get it painted like a guitar that you could buy anywhere? i mean, if you just like the color/burst/theme, i guess that works but i always thought...if you got a custom paint job, make it different.

I hear ya but I don't want to drop too much coin into this guitar since I got a killer deal on it. Overall colors are not that important to me but the neck and tone.

A Mike Learn or Dan Lawrence paint job would be killer though!

Floyd equiped is different enough!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":c6d5c said:
>|<>QBB<

I hear ya but I don't want to drop too much coin into this guitar since I got a killer deal on it. Overall colors are not that important to me but the neck and tone.

A Mike Learn or Dan Lawrence paint job would be killer though!

Floyd equiped is different enough!

word. that's kinda why i go with black or grey...let the tone do the talkin'. while i hate floyds, they definitely make a les paul look different...monkey grip would work too. :eek:

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":63727 said:
How do the EMGs sound in that LP?

The 60a in the neck is very good, you can hammer the strings and it stays together very nice. The 85 in the bridge I do not like and will get a 81 to replace it. You have to remember that there is some serious wood missing from this guitar due to the floyd but it still gets very thick and the leads with the 60a are very fluid.

The 60a for cleans is very good, way better than I though it would be.

Back