What is considered a hi end sounding reverb pedal?

All in all, roughly the best reverb pedal you're gonna get is the noisy, broken-switch prone Holy Grail. There aren't many that are gonna really sound any better. You could possibly try some Keeley modded thing.

I have a Digitech Reverb, and Boss RV-3. Actually the Digitech isn't bad at all. The RV-3 is good for solos good mix of verb and delay.

If I got a G-Sharp wonder if I would notice a big difference in quality?

Check out the peavey valverb. They're a bit older, rack form tube drivern verb and trem. I think they sell for like 200ish. Well worth it for ture analog tube delay. Closest you'll get to the old fender guys in a smaller box w/footswitches for under 500.

a Digitech 2101 preamp / processor ( Rack )
has some wonderfull sounding reverbs in it
not only that i think anyone who can get their hands on them
will be amased with the outcome of your playing sounds :)

i picked mine up with a control one floor pedal
both in unopened box's for $100 bucks :wink:

The Yamaha Magicstomp (I have one of the old ones) has the reverbs from the SPX-90 in it. They sound very good to my ears. I'm not sure if you can still get these cheap, but their a good deal if for nothing else then the reverbs, tremelos, phasers, and flanges. There's a lot of junk in them too, some of it fun in an extremely occasional sort of way.

But, as pointed out above, if you can get past the noise, I still feel the Holy Grail sounds best.

Back