What's a good high-gain delay/reverb pedal?

Spaceboy

I'm looking for something with some slapback delay and a touch of reverb for heavy metal leads, solos, divebombs, etc. I haven't been able to find anything decently priced and quality that's a delay/reverb combo. I'm currently using a MXR Carbon Copy, which is a perfect delay, but doesn't has reverb.

Dehumanize":y15inmnc said:
I'm looking for something with some slapback delay and a touch of reverb for heavy metal leads, solos, divebombs, etc. I haven't been able to find anything decently priced and quality that's a delay/reverb combo. I'm currently using a MXR Carbon Copy, which is a perfect delay, but doesn't has reverb.

Damn this might be my deliemer soon!

I am currently using a G-Sharp for my delay and reverb sounds.

when i get my Carbon Copy i hope i can loose the reverb by adding in some chourus. We will soon see!

What about getting a reverb pedal to go with your MXR Cabon Copy?

G-Sharp.jpg

Halford

For hi-gain leads I primarily go with my Hermida Reverb.
For cleans and more ambient reverbs I go with the Neunaber Wet Reverb.

mboogman":2gttzzlb said:
I used to use the Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay. It worked.
This what I was going to say too. But, they are getting hard to find these days and they are pricey because of that. I sold mine about 8 months ago for $140 and it was pretty beat up. But it does kick ass. :rock:

I only need reverb/delay for certain parts, and need to be able to instantly switch both. I would like something with reverb and delay so that I don't need to clog the pedal board down with excess pedals, because I would probably need a line selector or something in addition to having the seperate effect pedals. I am trying to keep the pedal board very minimal and compact, because I don't really use other effects for metal and don't need to carry more than necessary around with the band. I've got another homebound pedal board for the 'fun stuff'. That Boss RV-3 looks good, but might be difficult to find. Any current production pedals that combo these effects? Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Ah ha so you want to be able to switch the reverb and delay seperately then. Hmmm....

You would need 2 pedals or and FX processor like TC electronics, Rocktron, Eventide etc

droptrd":20w9s169 said:
Ah ha so you want to be able to switch the reverb and delay seperately then. Hmmm....

You would need 2 pedals or and FX processor like TC electronics, Rocktron, Eventide etc
I meant I would need one pedal instead of using seperate ones and then needing even more to engage them simultaneously. Sorry for the confusion. :thumbsup:

Dehumanize":d3hl6mci said:
droptrd":d3hl6mci said:

I meant I would need one pedal instead of using seperate ones and then needing even more to engage them simultaneously. Sorry for the confusion. :thumbsup:

haha im confused :confused:

so you want Reverb and Delay in ONE pedal...and then want to engage them sepertaly?

Halford

I just need one pedal that would give me simultaneous reverb and delay, as opposed to using separate pedals for the effects, which would require another pedal to engage simultaneously and waste even more space on the pedalboard. That RV-3 is a good example of what I'm needing, but it may be difficult to find, in addition to a small personal bias against Boss.

Dehumanize":2cs3qk84 said:
I just need one pedal that would give me simultaneous reverb and delay, as opposed to using separate pedals for the effects, which would require another pedal to engage simultaneously and waste even more space on the pedalboard. That RV-3 is a good example of what I'm needing, but it may be difficult to find, in addition to a small personal bias against Boss.

The RV-3 sounds great IMO. They shouldn't be too hard to find on eBay.

There's a couple on eBay for $150. You could maybe have a friend of yours buy it on eBay for you and just give him the cash?

I use a BBE Two Timer for that kind of stuff. Although its not a very long delay, its analog like the carbon copy and it sounds great. It's pretty much a clone of the old Boss DM-2 which is very rare and expensive. Try one out next time you're at the store, its a really warm sounding analog bucket brigade delay. It does really good slapback delays, haunting reverb sounds and nice echos. Its pretty much two delays in one pedal, you can setup a short delay for "time one" and a longer delay for "time two". Plus its all true bypass and quieter than alot of other delays out there.

Dehumanize":13dtt698 said:
droptrd":13dtt698 said:

hey man,

I hear ya, this was the problem i had a while ago! I ended up with the G - Sharp that rack unit i showed you a picture of but i guess that doesnt help either.

I am looking for a new soloution and have just gotten a MXR Carbon Copy Pedal (delay), gonna match it with a chorus and see if i can get a better lead tone.

Chuck em all in the loop and use my on/off switch on the loop to control em :thumbsup:

Halford

Back