What's Cooking?

Smoked pork butt. Great bark. I wish I'd snapped a pic before breaking it down.

Attachments

• PXL_20210614_233521961.jpg
    PXL_20210614_233521961.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 80
I cooked for about 15 years but I always say I'm a good cook NOT a chef. I can execute a recipe well and serve a lot of people but chef is a whole nuther level.

I'm making my own version of that Boeuf Bourguignon above right now, just threw it in the oven. It's for tomorrow...better the next day.

Where to get demi-glace? My store doesn't have it...not even the mix.

Boeuf bourguignon is made in a cooking pot on a stove top, not in an oven. You don't buy demi-glace, you prepare it during the week-end for the next week.

1623981391266.jpeg
porridge is all I can affrod now the i'm spreading a extra $200 on gas a week. Edit: I need to stop drunk posting.

Last edited:
I'm getting old and it seems I use less and less seasonings and more often than not I'm just using salt and pepper. One of my favorites these days is Thomas Keller's roasted chicken. I use a LOT of salt on it but that and a little black pepper and that's it.

Pro tips:
Don't get a big bird, I try for ~4# and think 5# or bigger is too big.
Truss it, it makes a difference.
Dry it completely.
Season liberally.
Use a rack under the bird or it will be crispy on top and soggy on bottom.
Same here. I've got a cupboard full of spices and most of the time just use fresh ground pepper and a touch of salt. For homemade pizza (this might make some of you cringe) but I use cilantro on those, along with a potent garlic powder that I bought from another member on here. Stuff is so strong I can get about a year and a half out of a small container. It's not garlic salt and it's not strong for the sake of being strong, just super flavorful.

Pork Loin rubbed yesterday and sat overnight. Today roasting with a glaze made from packets of chinese takeout duck sauce/soy sauce/mustard plus garlic in oil. :cheers:

Back