Where can I get Gibson Explorer Pickguards without the hole?

mctallica1

I have a black Gibson Explorer with a mirror/polished pickguard (actually looks pretty good, but the smudges drive my OCD ass nuts :doh: :doh: ) that I would like to change out.

The electronics have been changed so the pickup selector is now in one of the knob pots....no hole needed or wanted in the pickguard.

Have done a bit of searching around in the interweb, but can only find "normal" pickguards....any suggestions where to find what I am looking for?

While I am at it, any suggestions for what would look cool? The hardware is silverish and the knobs are black metal (not standard Gibson knobs).

Thanks!

Ah hell... here is a pic:

T

I think warmoth and some other places will make you a custom pickguard with your choice (or lack) of holes. I'd start with warmoth.

Pete

Sweet guitar Tony! I love explorers. :rock:

I found a site a while back when I was looking to get a new guard for my explorer but I can't find it now. :dunno: :D You could get anything made. I'll try to find it for you.

I got mine at sharp concepts: http://www.sharp-concepts.com/

explorer.jpg

Thanks guys.

I am guessing I will need to do some sort of custom job? If so, how do I do that?

Any suggestions on what color? That distressed one in Gravfed's post looks interesting :thumbsup: But then my guitar would look just like his :LOL: :LOL:

jmgman69":395e1naj said:
I bought a custom one from these folks a year or so ago for a 90 explorer and was great!!
http://www.terrapinisland.com/

I will check them out too.

Does anyone know if there are different sizes for Gibson Explorer pickguards...or is it one size fits all?

I am trying to figure out exactly what I need to know when I call whomever on Monday.

THanks!
T

I'd swap out for black hardware for starters. I think it would look real good with your already black metal knobs. Then you could go Fast and the Furious and put a carbon fiber pick guard on it. It might look good. I was going to say black diamond plate at first.

You could do a different type of wood. Maybe a walnut or something would look nice.

Back