Which one for primary In-Ear-Monitoring and Live?

DvE

Hey :)

My band recently switched to In-Ear-Monitoring and I think about getting a torpedo to get a nice In-Ear- and Live-Sound.
So my main-purpose ist not recording.
I play a Diezel Herbert with a 4x12 Diezel cab and still want to use the cab.
Would you recommend the Torpedo live or the VB-101?

The cash-thing would only change the purchase to another date.
I think what would be the best solutions for In-Ear-Monitoring and Live-usage with still having the cabinet hooked up

i just started using it and use in ears. i actually practice sending the line out to my mbox 2 pro and bring the song im learning into that and my mbox out to the in ears, pan left and right works pretty cool. live i have used the headphone out to one channel of my inears and a bandmix to the other input ( using a shure psm 200 ) live and in ears is an issue for me, i dont feel the music and feels kinda like in a box, thin is i hear the band better with the in ears but i lose the "vibe" i think i play better without them. i usually do house mix and pull one ear out. get the most drivers for in ears that you can afford. my 3 driver westones are much better at guitar sounds than the 1 driver shures. im sure 8 driver ultimates or aliens are even better

DvE":1iulbztv said:
The cash-thing would only change the purchase to another date.
I think what would be the best solutions for In-Ear-Monitoring and Live-usage with still having the cabinet hooked up

I think the secret of in-ear is the work of the monitor engineer. With a guy who knows his job and specialized for in-ear, everything changes... ;)

DvE":593dp3x0 said:
Hey :)

My band recently switched to In-Ear-Monitoring and I think about getting a torpedo to get a nice In-Ear- and Live-Sound.
So my main-purpose ist not recording.
I play a Diezel Herbert with a 4x12 Diezel cab and still want to use the cab.
Would you recommend the Torpedo live or the VB-101?

If you plug your IEM's in the Live, you will only hear yourself. Don't you need the band mix in your IEM's and the others need your signal as well? The best way, and since the band will throwing a sizable chunk of money to all go IEM, is to spend another $200 or so on an inexpensive monitor sub-mixer and you can just peel your signal off and mix it with the others for an IEM mix.

....if I am understanding what you are saying. While not cheap, we use one of the new Mackie DL1608 mixers for the monitor mix (as most FOH sound guys have trouble with monitor mix control) and this gives everyone iPad control of their monitor mix. Next to the Two Notes Torpedo Live, it is the next best piece of gear purchased this year!

Everybody in the band is using In-Ears and of course we have a monitor-mixer as well :)

Was just trying to say that the main reason I would buy the torpedo for is for a great live-sound, not for recordings ;-)

Back