Who can make me a Charvel San Dimas body?

mrp5150

The obvious answer is Musikraft, but for some odd reason they can't do natural binding. :aww:

I emailed USA Custom Guitars but haven't got a reply yet. Any other builders or companies I should be considering?

Jim can't do a flat-top body with a 1/4 inch top? That is odd. Its not really binding per se but left unfinished to look like its binding. Perhaps they dont want to take the time to mask it? maybe you can buy it unfinished and send it to whoever you want to get it finished?

Here is an example of the naturl binding look on my teal on
ft_side.jpg

USA Customs will probably do it.

Warmoth will have the fugly ass huge D rear control route on it...

Yeah, that's exactly what I want. I want a quilted maple top in trans black with that binding and a gloss black back. Musikraft didn't say why they couldn't do the natural binding, they just said it wasn't possible. Makes no sense at all to me. :doh:

mrp5150":cjpdrvm9 said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I want. I want a quilted maple top in trans black with that binding and a gloss black back. Musikraft didn't say why they couldn't do the natural binding, they just said it wasn't possible. Makes no sense at all to me. :doh:

maybe they dont do that thick of a top? The probably use a cheapy thin lam-top.You are right...doesnt make sense..

..btw I think the body you looking to get done would look titts with a trans black quilt top

Haha, I agree! It'll be expensive, but I don't really care. :D

EDIT: They sent me pics of the quilted maple they would be using and it looked amazing.

jka6wi.jpg

2ry60qf.jpg

Too bad Lee (GMW) doesnt just sell bodies, I cant get into his headstock designes since he moved away from stratheads..

Shawn Lutz":31rto4f1 said:
Too bad Lee (GMW) doesnt just sell bodies, I cant get into his headstock designes since he moved away from stratheads..

+1,000,000

I would order a body from him in a fucking heartbeat if I could. I totally hate the new headstocks too. People can say they look good in person all the want, but I'm sorry, they're ugly as hell. :no: :cry:

You mean a replacement for an old Strathead or one of the new ones? I'd imagine he would if you bought the guitar new from him and something happened to it like you snapped it somehow?

Shawn Lutz":1hemzdru said:
Jim can't do a flat-top body with a 1/4 inch top? That is odd. Its not really binding per se but left unfinished to look like its binding. Perhaps they dont want to take the time to mask it? maybe you can buy it unfinished and send it to whoever you want to get it finished?

Here is an example of the naturl binding look on my teal on
ft_side.jpg

USA Customs will probably do it.

Warmoth will have the fugly ass huge D rear control route on it...

Well that is not really a Charvel type body as the horns are rounded so it could be a communication issue, he needs to ask for a flat top with a cap.

GMW you ask for the LTS body and not the charvel type CS, Lee would not do a taped natural binding on a CS as well.

Well that is not really a Charvel type body as the horns are rounded so it could be a communication issue, he needs to ask for a flat top with a cap.

GMW you ask for the LTS body and not the charvel type CS, Lee would not do a taped natural binding on a CS as well.

I never indicated that it was a Charvel body..shown for an example of the flat-top natural binding look ;)

Shawn Lutz":ztz8pbxl said:

I never indicated that it was a Charvel body..shown for an example of the flat-top natural binding look ;)

Got ya, thought you were :)

mrp5150":30utk58n said:
Shawn Lutz":30utk58n said:

+1,000,000

I would order a body from him in a fucking heartbeat if I could. I totally hate the new headstocks too. People can say they look good in person all the want, but I'm sorry, they're ugly as hell. :no: :cry:

What'sthe difference when you'd just sell it a week later anyway?

:D

+1,000,000

He becomes a TOTAL pia if you push him to do anything outside what HE wants to do.

I’m thinking a SD Flattop with a plain ( non- figured) maple cap.
Then again I’m thinking, maple neck with maple board plus a maple cap and a Floyd may add up to bright city?
Yes or no ?
Can it be mellowed out with the right body wood, basswood or mahogany?

Back