Who has played the Diezel Big Max?

mooncobra

I just saw one of these in the classifieds. I have somehow never even heard of this amp before. Wow. I am usually up to date on all the Bitchin amps being made, but this amp apparently eluded me.

who has played this? What’s it like? Pretty simple for a Diezel, usually they are packed with features and options. Does it sound good? What’s it like tone wise, other Diezels, or is it a Marshall type thing?

curious minds like mine want to know. Anyone?

Never played the Big Max but owned the Herbert and Dmoll and neither are my thing. I couldn't flip the Dmoll fast enough. The Herbert was more to my liking but still not a keeper. Diezel is too round and slow in the attack, specifically in the lows, for me. The Herbert was evil as phuck though...just wish it wasn't so round on the low end.

Never played the Big Max but owned the Herbert and Dmoll and neither are my thing. I couldn't flip the Dmoll fast enough. The Herbert was more to my liking but still not a keeper. Diezel is too round and slow in the attack, specifically in the lows, for me. The Herbert was evil as phuck though...just wish it wasn't so round on the low end.

Oh, I haven’t liked any of the diezels I have had, and I have had a couple Herbert a and a couple VH4s. I actually liked the Einstein better than the other two. I just hadn’t heard of this other diezel

If you have not liked any Diezels you've had and you've had the two top ones then I would bet money that you won't like this one.

I just saw one of these in the classifieds. I have somehow never even heard of this amp before. Wow. I am usually up to date on all the Bitchin amps being made, but this amp apparently eluded me.

who has played this? What’s it like? Pretty simple for a Diezel, usually they are packed with features and options. Does it sound good? What’s it like tone wise, other Diezels, or is it a Marshall type thing?

curious minds like mine want to know. Anyone?

My friend who's not on rigtalk has one, as well as a VH4S and a Herbert mkIII. He once described the Big Max as a Diezel JCM800. I get the vibe he enjoyed it a lot when he first got it, but prefers the other amps more.

I had one. Very warm sounding amp. Ultimately I preferred the VH4 for diezel sound. Or my 2203.

Back