Why does my wah squeal but not weedley weedley?

Matt300ZXT

I have a plain ol Dunlop Crybaby and I never really use it, but since I got a chance to actually crank my tube amps today, it's in the signal chain first in case I want to use it. Well, today I decided to give it a whirl for a lil fun and all it does when I click it on is squeal when I move the pedal. It won't do the wah thing...but I can click it off and the signal passes through just fine. Is there just a component inside that gets worn out or maybe I could check the connection of a wire? It is on ac adapter power so not a dead battery.

have you opened it up ?
if so post a pic of the " guts "
and just a heads up ...... some of the time the fix for this lies in the positioning of the " tredle " I think it's called ...
when a wah starts getting used and abused or just plain old the bumpers can wear away and sometimes when wahing aggressively you can knock that tredle to far down ...or out of whack ... then you'll get to much treble and it will squeal
some guys mess with the positioning on purpose to go lower or higher in the register ...
or some 45 cent part inside crapped the bed and it's just oscillating away into oblivion ..... not sure if a bad Fazel would do it or not
thats why I asked if it was SMD or not .......

Back