Wish Doug woulda continued in Dio...until the end.

crwnedblasphemy

No disrespect at all...love his stuff in Lion, Whitesnake, Dead Daisies, Revolution Saints, but I was just rockin to "Killing the Dragon" on vinyl, and I just feel he channeled that whole vibe really really well. The tones, the feel, the solos, all top notch. Just saying it's my favorite of his. It might be my favorite Dio album. The production, writing, and feel is awesome.

His tone on the Live In New York disc is one of the best I've ever heard. Phenomenal. Still have the DVD.

No disrespect at all...love his stuff in Lion, Whitesnake, Dead Daisies, Revolution Saints, but I was just rockin to "Killing the Dragon" on vinyl, and I just feel he channeled that whole vibe really really well. The tones, the feel, the solos, all top notch. Just saying it's my favorite of his. It might be my favorite Dio album. The production, writing, and feel is awesome.

I agree - I saw him with Dio live and they opened with that tune and it was killer. I met him in Vegas once. He was grabbing a beer before the Rock the Vault show he was in. I talked to him and got a pic. He was pretty chill. Nice guy. Just kind of a random moment and I never meet anyone famous etc.

I dug him in Whitesnake, thought he fit the band perfectly and him and Reb are probably the best lineup Coverdale had outside of Sykes of course.

Strange Highways and Angry Machines are about the only Dio I can tolerate these days because his sound is so painfully formulaic. Fucking guy wrote Heaven & Hell 3 times for every album he ever did.

Not my fave Dio album either, although it’s pretty good. But otherwise I agree. Saw him live on KTD tour and he was awesome. He was dive bombing on his black strat with vintage trem and staying in tune. Then bringing out cool Les Pauls and sounding fantastic on all of Dio’s catalog. Made me a huge fan right there. My friends started saying Doug was my “boyfriend” b/c I became so enamored with all of his stuff.

Saw him live in Dead daisies. Opened for kiss. He was amazing. The band just seemed to drag on little too long. Think they played almost hour and half. At that point everyone was shouting KISS ! KISS!!! KISS!!
Lol

Back