Wizard MCii alternate rhythm channel?

bkemp23

I have a 2018 MCII that I purchased directly from Wizard. First off, amazing amp. Always brings a smile to my face when i play it, especially loud:rawk:.

When i received my amp, i noticed there was an extra "mode" on the rhythm channel if you pull the Rhythm Master knob out. I seem to remember it being called the bad cat mod or something like that. Anyway, i was wondering what it is doing exactly? How does it differ from the lead channel in terms of circuitry. I can tell it has a different voicing than the lead channel but similar levels of gain. Thanks in advance.

I have a 2018 MCII that I purchased directly from Wizard. First off, amazing amp. Always brings a smile to my face when i play it, especially loud:rawk:.

When i received my amp, i noticed there was an extra "mode" on the rhythm channel if you pull the Rhythm Master knob out. I seem to remember it being called the bad cat mod or something like that. Anyway, i was wondering what it is doing exactly? How does it differ from the lead channel in terms of circuitry. I can tell it has a different voicing than the lead channel but similar levels of gain. Thanks in advance.
Good that you point it out. Just got my MCII and will check that out for myself.

@mhenson42 should know.

Maybe he'll stop by and comment.

It’s called the “Black Cat” mod. I don’t know the technical specs of it other than it adds more gain. When both it and the boost are pulled it has about as much gain as the lead channel.

how are you liking the new amp?
So far.....really digging the amp overall.

I'm glad to have taken a chance on KT88's for this one, and have been fortunate it worked out as I hoped it would.

As the 150W power section is more about just pure raw power (of course that is there) for my use. It just has so much in reserve.

I love the clean, and everything past that. I could do any gig with this amp.

I'm running it thru a Marshall 1960A at the moment, but I'm looking for a 1936. I'll probably try some EV's in it.

So far.....really digging the amp overall.

I'm glad to have taken a chance on KT88's for this one, and have been fortunate it worked out as I hoped it would.

As the 150W power section is more about just pure raw power (of course that is there) for my use. It just has so much in reserve.

I love the clean, and everything past that. I could do any gig with this amp.

I'm running it thru a Marshall 1960A at the moment, but I'm looking for a 1936. I'll probably try some EV's in it.
I need the raw power. The punch. I don't know if 150 watts is enough. Maybe you should buy the 200 watt version so i can come play it.

Back