Wizard MTL / MCll hybrid

Guitar-craze

New to the Wizard fascination, hearing clips on youtube, man these things sound badass.!
Who can give me some insight on the main differences between the MTL and the MTL /MC ll hybrid . I've read on the Wizard site the MTL hybrid has MTL pre and MC power . But you guys who have played both what's your take .

Man I want one of these.! Or 2 or 3..lol

The Hybrid is a MTL with the power amp voicing of the MC2. So compared to the MTL, it is more upper mid focused and not scooped. I think the upper mids aren't as much as the MC2 though, but the MTL preamp gives it a lot more gain and the mid sweep gives you more control where the mids sit. It also has the mid-shift to allow you to get a little mid scoop if you want. The depth knob of the MTL is replaced with the contour knob from the MC2. It doesn't have the low end rumble of the MTL. There's plenty of low end, just not like the MTL....it won't make your house shake as much. lol

The Hybrid is a MTL with the power amp voicing of the MC2. So compared to the MTL, it is more upper mid focused and not scooped. I think the upper mids aren't as much as the MC2 though, but the MTL preamp gives it a lot more gain and the mid sweep gives you more control where the mids sit. It also has the mid-shift to allow you to get a little mid scoop if you want. The depth knob of the MTL is replaced with the contour knob from the MC2. It doesn't have the low end rumble of the MTL. There's plenty of low end, just not like the MTL....it won't make your house shake as much. lol
“As much” being the key words. Lol.

New to the Wizard fascination, hearing clips on youtube, man these things sound badass.!
Who can give me some insight on the main differences between the MTL and the MTL /MC ll hybrid . I've read on the Wizard site the MTL hybrid has MTL pre and MC power . But you guys who have played both what's your take .

Man I want one of these.! Or 2 or 3..lol
it cool

It's a good compromise between the two. If you want the full on aggressive mids, then get the MC2 or the W800. I just sold my Hybrid because I own 3 MTLs and a MC2 mk2 and a W800... so I don't really need something that sits in between them.
Man you have some great info!
I'm coming from a Slo 30 and a BE deluxe 100w head. Best tones I've ever heard, however I have never heard a Wizard in person.

I need that upper mids aggresive tones you'll hear below -my amp live.

My questions:
Does this 'rumble' the MTL has actually 'Cut' live? Most say 'I have a kick drum and bassist so that provides the bass. Context of my tone is classic hard rock like Ratt lynch ect.

Also can the MC II get me closer to that or this:

Slo 30

The BE live and sound ck

Last edited:
Back