WTB: High Gain amp...Recto, Uber, Herbert etc

Apex1Rg7X

Hey guys I'm looking for another amp to fill the void I have, haha. Mainly looking for high gain amps with good clean channels as well. Here's a short list of what I'm considering...

-Mesa Boogie Dual/Triple Rectifier MW (Blacked out) prefered, Badlander, TC-100
-Bogner Uberschall/Twin Jet maybe
-KSR Orthos MK2, Gemini
-Fryette UL, CLX, CL100
-Diezel Herbert, Hagen

That's my short list, you get the idea. Let me know what you have and maybe we can work something out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Wasn't he just gushing over how much he liked that amp? haha.

I DO absolutely love it, but I own 9 high gain amps, including the Herbert. If I sell it, it’s definitely not that I don’t like it, it’s very hard for me to consider getting rid of it because it’s just as awesome to me as the Herbert, just different. It’s slightly redundant in my situation is all, I also got an archon that my buddy gave me because he owed me cash, which makes narrowing down what to sell even harder.

Might be able to let my Cornford MK50H go.
New Wing C 6L6's
Tech gave it a full going over.

Never see these come up on the sale market .

Still looking...Leaning towards a Mesa at this point, MW Recto, Badlander, TC-100 possibly or an Uberschall Rev Blue

Got a beautiful condition roadster i could let go for $1200 shipped in Continental us. Basically a 4 channel multi watt dual recto with much better clean channel(s) since they are based on the lonestar.

I just had my buddy’s Rev Blue at my house and compared to my Rectos, it’s much smoother with a higher mid presence. The Rectos are more raw and aggressive, with more growl. It’s a great sounding amp, just depends what flavor you like.

I just had my buddy’s Rev Blue at my house and compared to my Rectos, it’s much smoother with a higher mid presence. The Rectos are more raw and aggressive, with more growl. It’s a great sounding amp, just depends what flavor you like.
I had a Rev Blue and MW Triple in the last 5-6 months but sold them...just kinda want something in that ballpark tonewise to compliment my Omega. Probably leaning Mesa though for sure.

Back