WTB: Mesa Mark III Coliseum or HRG, Mark IV, Mesa Triple Rectifier, Road King II, Badlander 100

Yeah I have been seeing some outrageous listings lately that clearly won’t sell for anywhere near that amount.I’m not sure where the idea that the mark iii is worth 2k now came from but that just isn’t the case. They have made a pretty good jump in value but not anything like that. I did have one pretty good offer from a forum member for a green stripe but I was looking for an hrg or an older 75w simul

OP - There’s been a blue stripe III Coli R2 / 3+ mod I’ve seen that’s been popping on and off of Reverb in the past week, but a bit $$$$.

There aren’t enough to really say, but really they aren’t much different than the lower power versions so anything astronomical is hype.
Some differences in terms of headroom, and obviously output. I think it depends on each amp, since they’re hand-built. I will say my very late IIB KRG blows away any other IIB I’ve played, and rivals some of my C+‘s. Sometimes, you come across some truly exceptional ones, and other times not.

It comes down to numbers, the Coliseum wasn't produced in the same numbers as the other amps were therefore prices typically are higher. It's not hype but numbers. Think you can buy one on the cheap, think again.

@
There aren’t enough to really say, but really they aren’t much different than the lower power versions so anything astronomical is hype.
The guy selling that amp is a friend of mine, and I’ve played it through a Redback loaded Mesa Halfback. Trust me when I say it’s a destroyer of worlds. I’ve got a Red Stripe ++, and as killer as mine is, the Colosseum is next level. That halfstack could tear down a house. His prices are high, but he’s not very motivated to sell either.

@

The guy selling that amp is a friend of mine, and I’ve played it through a Redback loaded Mesa Halfback. Trust me when I say it’s a destroyer of worlds. I’ve got a Red Stripe ++, and as killer as mine is, the Colosseum is next level. That halfstack could tear down a house. His prices are high, but he’s not very motivated to sell either.
That’s fair though he can sell it for whatever he wants to and it’s true the old marks varies a lot amp to amp.
It comes down to numbers, the Coliseum wasn't produced in the same numbers as the other amps were therefore prices typically are higher. It's not hype but numbers. Think you can buy one on the cheap, think again.
I don’t think I said they should be on the cheap, I’d just say closer to 2k than 4500 lol and that’s being more than fair. And there are a lot more of the coliseums than people sometimes think

A IIB Coliseum is north of $2k, it's not a four thousand dollar amp but a killer amp nonetheless. You're wrong about how many Coliseums exist in comparison to the more mass produced amps, again just numbers that can be verified by anyone who wants to know.

A IIB Coliseum is north of $2k, it's not a four thousand dollar amp but a killer amp nonetheless. You're wrong about how many Coliseums exist in comparison to the more mass produced amps, again just numbers that can be verified by anyone who wants to know.
I didn’t specify what I thought about numbers but I can tell you there are several hundred of the mark iii coliseum from talking to mike b, I didn’t ask about the older ones. And yeah I agree, just north of 2k for one in excellent condition seems like a reasonable place to start

You did talk numbers of value and units and it's well known to anyone who wants to know. Still, when you talk Coliseum amps they weren't built in the thousands but hundreds.

You did talk numbers of value and units and it's well known to anyone who wants to know. Still, when you talk Coliseum amps they weren't built in the thousands but hundreds.
It’s still not that well known, a lot of people think there are like 80 of them lol
I would imagine there are hardly any of the iic+ coliseum though, that’s an amp I’d like to play one day

Back