WTB: my old voodoo 18-watt witchdoctor prototype.

shredhead666

I believe josh savoy used to own this amp at one point. It looked like a toaster and ran EL84s. If you own this amp, please hit me up. Would love to own it again.

shredhead666":3ag7gv5b said:
I believe josh savoy used to own this amp at one point. It looked like a toaster and ran EL84s. If you own this amp, please hit me up. Would love to own it again.

i think i used to own that....was it in a wooden headshell, black chassis...with white "voodoo amps" logo on it? If so...it was the one I owned for a bit...but don't anymore.

Wow that goes back a bit (lol), that was the only 18 watt pre-production Witchdoctor we ever made. I have a similar amp in the shop now, meaning it looks very similar but Richard Fotus (GnR) bought it. If you want to look for the same type of amp they were a Davis PA amp.

Be good!
Trace

voodooamps":3js49jqd said:
Wow that goes back a bit (lol), that was the only 18 watt pre-production Witchdoctor we ever made. I have a similar amp in the shop now, meaning it looks very similar but Richard Fotus (GnR) bought it. If you want to look for the same type of amp they were a Davis PA amp.

Be good!
Trace

how many firsts of your stuff have I owned?? too many to count! :)

Definitely the jubilee you built me...is one of my alltime favorites!!

aeroic":1wfa83pg said:
how many firsts of your stuff have I owned?? too many to count! :)

That is a good question, I'm not entirely certain (lol) but several as I recall :)

aeroic":1wfa83pg said:
Definitely the jubilee you built me...is one of my alltime favorites!!

I am VERY happy to hear that, I spent a lot of time tweaking on that amp as my goal was to make you happy the first time you plugged into the amp. I had thought we would have to tweak it one more time to get it just right - which of course is more than fine - but I am glad we hit the nail on the head the 1st time!!

All my best
Trace

shredhead666":1qinwrt5 said:

This one?

18WattWitchdoctor1.jpg

I bought that from Trace many years ago and I'm pretty sure I sold it Josh. No clue who has it now. That's the original photo Trace sent me before I bought it.

GuidanceOfSin":30osshj5 said:
shredhead666":30osshj5 said:

This one?

18WattWitchdoctor1.jpg

I bought that from Trace many years ago and I'm pretty sure I sold it Josh. No clue who has it now. That's the original photo Trace sent me before I bought it.

I owned that for a year or so a few years back. Great little amp! :)

GuidanceOfSin":4sbs1t77 said:
shredhead666":4sbs1t77 said:

This one?

18WattWitchdoctor1.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!

I want it back. I loved that thing! Who has it now?

shreddy
I bought that amp from you, played a wackload of shows around toronto/ontario area and had since put it up for consignment at the 12fret. It's long gone now btw.

Those cabs were EVM12L loaded doyles, sounded THICK and LOUD with the witchdoctor, bought'em from squarehead here on the forums also!

Ah yeah! That's right! Yeah the 50-watter was a great sounding amp. But the 18 watter built in the Davis PA head... that thing was just out-of-control. :rock: :rock: :rock:

If anyone knows what happened to it, or where it lives now, I'd love to make them an offer.

shredhead666":lbsvb5b6 said:
Ah yeah! That's right! Yeah the 50-watter was a great sounding amp. But the 18 watter built in the Davis PA head... that thing was just out-of-control. :rock: :rock: :rock:

If anyone knows what happened to it, or where it lives now, I'd love to make them an offer.

UPDATE!!! I got a PM from someone who claims to own it now! Unreal. We'll see what happens...

Good luck finding it :thumbsup:

I believe I may have played through that at one time. It was a great sounding little amp. Trace was letting me use a amp while he was working on my mesa. I had a few shows to play so I took the 50 watter.

I remember one 50 watt witchdoctor I used had dials seperate from the knobs you turned that was a great sounding amp too. I believe Trace said it was going to Bob Rock.

So the guy who currently owns it will only let it go for a great deal more than what it's been bought and sold for. Understandable, he doesn't want to let it go... it was a great sounding amp. Guess I'll have to figure something else out. Many MANY thanks to you guys for helping me find this needle in a haystack.

Rig-talk ROCKS.

Back