WTB:: pickup set

MYLILSS

i am looking for a fairly hot pickup set. i originally wanted to go with an aldrich set which gives you an idea of what i was looking at output and tone wise. all brands welcome. i will check them out and see if we can make a deal. looking for zebra pickups preferably. nothing covered. black may work, just depends. only colorful bridge that could work is a black and red zebra

i am looking for a fairly hot pickup set. i originally wanted to go with an aldrich set which gives you an idea of what i was looking at output and tone wise. all brands welcome. i will check them out and see if we can make a deal. looking for zebra pickups preferably. nothing covered. black may work, just depends. only colorful bridge that could work is a black and red zebra
you could hit up Jalen Pickups on Facebook and get a custom set made and shipped within a few days for around 80 each in lots of colors. He makes a madman, pretty hot around 17k

Got a set zebras that are both in your wheelhouse. Both are Bare Knuckle calibrated sets. One is Black Dog and the other is Holy Diver. Let me know if interested.

Got a set zebras that are both in your wheelhouse. Both are Bare Knuckle calibrated sets. One is Black Dog and the other is Holy Diver. Let me know if interested.

hmmm how much for either set ? ill do some looking. may definitely be interesting in one

hmmm how much for either set ? ill do some looking. may definitely be interesting in one

Both are in mint condition. Was planning to list them asking $250 shipped for either set.

Both pickups are considered to be mid forward with some nice weight but very controlled in the bottom end, and they are often referred to as sharing the same DNA. The HD will have a slightly bigger bottom and ever so slightly rounded top end (in comparison). The BD pushs the low mids a bit more and have a touch more upper mids too.

Let me know if you have any questions after you have done some digging.

If I was sticking with passive pickups (moving over to Fishman Fluence now) these two and the Abraxas are my three favorites after trying and researching a bunch of stuff. Decision for me would come down to the balance needed with the guitar and amp as these all cover the same tones and genres otherwise. And I could not pick a personal favorite out of the 3 options because it is truly just situation driven.

Back