WTB Wizard MTL 2016 - 2018 model or MTL mk2 100 watter

hopkinWFG

Dear folks, been here for quite a long time and always been buying amps here... I be looking for an affordable used yet mint Wizard MTL here... preferably 2016 to 2017 era (after getting learning from mhenson here aka the Wizard master) , unit must be in full working condition, no pops when changing channels, no hum, no hisses no crackles lol.... am looking more at a black headshell ...

Seller must be willing to ship amp to overseas Singapore... I do PayPal and honestly a straight forward deal...
I be willing to make a done deal if price for the used Wizard MTL is right... so hit me up Thanks alot all the nice people here !!

I love my ‘16 MTL, on of the best I’ve played and I kept it over my ‘20 mk2 and ‘21 Hybrid. I do have a ‘22 KT150 and a ‘21 6L that are pretty killer too. it comes down to the voicing of the mids and the ‘16 has always been my favorite in that regard

I love my ‘16 MTL, on of the best I’ve played and I kept it over my ‘20 mk2 and ‘21 Hybrid. I do have a ‘22 KT150 and a ‘21 6L that are pretty killer too. it comes down to the voicing of the mids and the ‘16 has always been my favorite in that regard
I remember I read ya post stating the 2016 MTL will sound more scooped in a nice way... I probably know what ya mean already... I gotta 2015 or 2014 era MC2 and it rips my mind off...

Thanks for all ya Wizard introduction and I am floored when I first got my MC2 off from a kind member here....

I remember I read ya post stating the 2016 MTL will sound more scooped in a nice way... I probably know what ya mean already... I gotta 2015 or 2014 era MC2 and it rips my mind off...

Thanks for all ya Wizard introduction and I am floored when I first got my MC2 off from a kind member here....
The 2016 MTL will have a much flatter/more neutral midrange than the MCII you have which tends to make the low end & highs more pronounced. I had a 2016 MTL and a 17 MCII and the while the MTL was great, the mids were more low mid oriented and the upper mid grind and attack I like was not there. The MTL was thicker/fatter and capable of much more saturation and the MCII was leaner, brighter in the upper mids with a more aggressive attack; the low end is different between the two also. As mhenson42 said, mainly boils down to voicing.

Howdy @MetalHeadMike ... Appreciate ya input and guidance......

i remember hearing the Reza MTL clip not the mk2 but his earlier ones and am pretty convinced the MTL would be jaw dropping for me... yeah i also felt the MC2 has that "krank" type of feel going as if its more "scooped" but probably its the way i dial it... i live the low E chord it has it really reminds me of the ACDC thingy from the MC2 i still like it very much, and yes its voiced very aggressively on its mids and brights, i kept its original "greasy" tube all JJs and 4 Tungsols El34Bs that came along with it off from the seller, i gotta back bright leads dialed back to like 10am, i used eminence speakers currently and i would like to getta scumbacks H75 or etc...

for the MTL just not as low and soft in the mids like the Herbert i am fine, think ballpark like the UL or a bogner TJ i got it be nice too... am thinking like a ballpark of the Deliverance in terms of saturation else for a Wizard i know it can be tighter on the lowend.... i like my MC2 but i needed slighty more gain on the leads...

i find the Wizard is everything you can get... its a very tight amp very open uncompressed output and still not stiff like a Fryette....

The 2016 MTL will have a much flatter/more neutral midrange than the MCII you have which tends to make the low end & highs more pronounced. I had a 2016 MTL and a 17 MCII and the while the MTL was great, the mids were more low mid oriented and the upper mid grind and attack I like was not there. The MTL was thicker/fatter and capable of much more saturation and the MCII was leaner, brighter in the upper mids with a more aggressive attack; the low end is different between the two also. As mhenson42 said, mainly boils down to voicing.
Man - I just love boosting my MC with an OD808 it sounds so nasty.

This knowledge will haunt me when I finally start thinking about buying one. I hate you 😂

Back